• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Wasting no time :-) How should my wife obtain shares?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wasting no time :-) How should my wife obtain shares?

Ltd set up with me, director, having 10 shares. Wife has none. Now Artic is in, I want my wife to get dividends. Should I gift her shares, transfer or should she buy some? I assume lots people are going to be wanting to do this...

I'm talking about this to my accountant in the next few weeks, it's not just for married people is it, because my gf is secretary and my accountant said if artic win then i can give her shares?

Anyway spose I'll wait to see what he says.

Comment

Originally posted by dotnetter
      I'm talking about this to my accountant in the next few weeks, it's not just for married people is it, because my gf is secretary and my accountant said if artic win then i can give her shares?

Anyway spose I'll wait to see what he says.
      I didn't think Artic applied to non-married couples. You were fine from the start I thought.

Comment

Originally posted by Lewis
        I didn't think Artic applied to non-married couples. You were fine from the start I thought.
        Wouldn't bet on that - there's a connected persons rule in there somewhere.

However, that doesn't really apply any more, although perhaps we should wait for the analyses of the result to appear before chaning share allocations around, there's bound to be a right way to do it!
        Blog? What blog...?

Comment

Originally posted by malvolio
          Wouldn't bet on that - there's a connected persons rule in there somewhere.
          No there isn't a connected person rule in S660. That doesn't mean simply not being married would have been enough though.

Comment

No S660A does not only apply to wives, it applies to everyone you might try to funnel money to, however there's a get-out clause that in some circumstances means it does NOT apply to wives.

In other words, it's harder to get away with making a girlfriend a shareholder than it is a wife.

Edit: In fact, looking at the first few lines of the PCG article on the win, it appears he has only won because they said the exemption for wives applies, if he hadn't been married (I surmise) then he would have lost.
            Last edited by IR35 Avoider; 25 July 2007, 12:29.

Comment

Working...
            X