• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

'Dump patio heater wear a jumper'

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

'Dump patio heater wear a jumper'

"We are calling on responsible retailers to reconsider the sale of patio heaters in light of the substantial amount of carbon emissions they produce"

subtext - ban the sale.

Linky

Another thing from Nannydom that deserves a resounding "feck off"??

That is bollox. Mine hasn't produced any carbon for a couple of years as it has not been out of the garage.
    Rule Number 1 - Assuming that you have a valid contract in place always try to get your poo onto your timesheet, provided that the timesheet is valid for your current contract and covers the period of time that you are billing for.

I preferred version 1!

Comment

yes saw this today when flicking through the news channels!!
      SA says;
      Well you looked so stylish I thought you batted for the other camp - thats like the ultimate compliment!

I couldn't imagine you ever having a hair out of place!

n5gooner is awarded +5 Xeno Geek Points.
      (whatever these are)

Comment

Dump central heating and wear two jumpers.

Back to the stoneage folks.

Next they will be trying to make me guilty for driving my SL65 AMG just because it has a 6.0 litre intercooled twin-turbo V12 and only two seats.

Comment

Originally posted by Kyajae
          "We are calling on responsible retailers to reconsider the sale of patio heaters in light of the substantial amount of carbon emissions they produce"

subtext - ban the sale.

Linky

Another thing from Nannydom that deserves a resounding "feck off"??
          It's from a pressure group. It's what they do.

Comment

Yes but Red Ken agrees with it.

from the beeb

"Last month, London Mayor Ken Livingstone called for a halt in the spread of "wasteful" patio heaters and urged retailers not to promote them. "
            Rule Number 1 - Assuming that you have a valid contract in place always try to get your poo onto your timesheet, provided that the timesheet is valid for your current contract and covers the period of time that you are billing for.

I preferred version 1!

Comment

Originally posted by TonyEnglish

from the beeb

"Last month, London Mayor Ken Livingstone called for a halt in the spread of "wasteful" patio heaters and urged retailers not to promote them. "
              His concern for the environment doesnt stop him lighting up half of London overnight does it.
              I am not qualified to give the above advice!

The original point and click interface by
              Smith and Wesson.

Step back, have a think and adjust my own own attitude from time to time

Comment

Originally posted by TonyEnglish

from the beeb

And he's a politician. It's all part of the rich debate of life. If you don't believe in global warming, it's obviously nonsensical. If you do believe in global warming, it's part of the debate of what to do about it.

Comment

I suppose a patio heater is just the 21st Century equivalent of a Stone Age campfire really, but a bit quicker to light up. But they did ban campfires in most places quite a few years ago because of the polution they caused. That was visible polution though, which people are prepared to believe in because they can see it and smell it. Patio heater polution is invisible and therefore doesn't exist.

It's true that people have forgotten how clothes work though. In the office where I work, about half the people get really hot and open the windows to get some fresh air, and then the other half start whingeing about being cold and demand that the windows be closed again. But the thing about being cold is that you can put a nice cosy fleecy top on and feel warm. If you're hot then even taking all your clothes off (somewhat impractical at work, regretfully) doesn't cool you down in a hot room. People who feel the cold seem to be incapable of grasping this concept though.

Comment

Originally posted by dang65
                    I suppose a patio heater is just the 21st Century equivalent of a Stone Age campfire really, but a bit quicker to light up. But they did ban campfires in most places quite a few years ago because of the polution they caused. That was visible polution though, which people are prepared to believe in because they can see it and smell it. Patio heater polution is invisible and therefore doesn't exist.

It's true that people have forgotten how clothes work though. In the office where I work, about half the people get really hot and open the windows to get some fresh air, and then the other half start whingeing about being cold and demand that the windows be closed again. But the thing about being cold is that you can put a nice cosy fleecy top on and feel warm. If you're hot then even taking all your clothes off (somewhat impractical at work, regretfully) doesn't cool you down in a hot room. People who feel the cold seem to be incapable of grasping this concept though.
                    And half the time it's the women whinging but they are wearing thin tops or slinky tops trying to look like the office tart.

Comment

Working...
                    X