• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

10 O'clock news

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

10 O'clock news

was watching the news last night and saw footage of trucks of lorries with packs of water bottles being handed out to the people in the flooded areas.

Even in this scenario people were queing in the good old English way to get their 2 packs of water per family.

The camera then picks up an asian family with about a dozen packs of water. The reporter goes up to them and says you are only allowed 2 packs per family. They then shouted back saying it was 2 packs per person.

They quickly packed their 4x4 and drove away. Couldn't even speak english properly. I bet those bottles of water are now in a corner shop somewhere being sold at £10 per bottle.

How very dare you.

I saw that too.

Priceless.

Comment

Originally posted by RightLaugh
      was watching the news last night and saw footage of trucks of lorries with packs of water bottles being handed out to the people in the flooded areas.

Even in this scenario people were queing in the good old English way to get their 2 packs of water per family.

The camera then picks up an asian family with about a dozen packs of water. The reporter goes up to them and says you are only allowed 2 packs per family. They then shouted back saying it was 2 packs per person.

They quickly packed their 4x4 and drove away. Couldn't even speak english properly. I bet those bottles of water are now in a corner shop somewhere being sold at £10 per bottle.

How very dare you.

Ooooh, that's such a racist thing to think.

Kyajae in "I'm trying to appear right-on and inclusive so ScotsNanny doesn't wag her (er, sorry, his) finger at me again"

Comment

How very dare you.
        Surely the amount of water you have depends on the size of the family in question? Surely a family with 12 people needs more than a family with 3 people?

Comment

Originally posted by Charles Foster Kane
          Surely the amount of water you have depends on the size of the family in question? Surely a family with 12 people needs more than a family with 3 people?
          Absolutely. Mum, Dad, 12 kids, 6 aunts, 6 uncles, 2 grandparents, 9 long term visa "holiday" visitors from Pakistan/India, feck me why not just move them into a bigger dry house?

Comment

Funny thing is that actually it was 2 packs per person. Like the gentlemen before me said, it depends on the size of the family so it would be a little stupid to apply a set amount to each household.

Comment

How very dare you.

Didn't see it, what time was it on???

Comment

I saw this, what brought it home even more was the guy who was wading through 3 feet of excrement to fill 2 bottles up for an elderly gent who couldn't leave his home.

Bloody take take take society

The night before they showed a typical house that had been deluged by the foods, they had an office desk with a PC, keyboard and mouse safely above the water line but where was the old CRT?.... On the floor in 2 foot of water of course!
                Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

Comment

Working...
                X