• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

British Telecom Muppets

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

British Telecom Muppets

What the hell is worng with this bunch?

I have been trying to get a phone line installed in my flat.

Every time I need to speak to someone its a 35/40 minute wait on hold.

I have been a customer for 7 years and now when I want a new line, the insisted on doing a credit check!?!? WTF is all that about.

I was then told an engineer will contact me within 4 days. No joy. So i try to phone and wait on hold both times for over 40 minutes before giving up.

So I emailed a complaint. The next day some gimp contacts me and says he is very sorry and that an engineer will contact me shortly. That was 7 days ago. No joy.

So I try to call again today. Use there callback service. Bint puts me on hold and drops the line.

Undeterred I call back again and request another callback. An hour later someone phones. I explain the problem so gimp 2 says he must put me on hold. It transpired that what he meant was put me back in the queue.

So 40 minutes of sitting on hold I have just given up again. I mean WTF do they over callback and then call you back and fcking put you in the call queue!?!?!

2 weeks later no phone , no engineeer nothing

Is there anybody else having these issues with BT? Is there anyone else I can phone to report this? The service is beyond farcical. I would get a a telephone line installed faster in Upper Volta
    There are no evil thoughts except one: the refusal to think

Ever tried NTL?

Comment

I'm in exactly the same situation, it seems BT every time you call BT you are left waiting over an 40mins to speak to someone who will then say "I need to transfer you there is only a 2min wait" only to be left waiting another 30mins...!

Just keep trying and hopefully you will get through, I called yesterday after trying for a couple of weeks got everything arranged engineer visit was scheduled for Fri 3rd Aug, get a SMS today saying its now Wed 8th Aug.. So see what happens.

Best of luck, your going to need it

Comment

Sunny

From my recent experience with them, you've got about another month of incompetence, stat-fiddling and outright deception from them to go.

You need to get hold of this character:

Jillian G. Lewis
        Customer Services Director

.. and not let go of her neck until you're sorted. Good luck.

Comment

What where you expecting from Mahindra BT?

Comment

If only there was an alternative!

Comment

Originally posted by NoddY
              What where you expecting from Mahindra BT?
              But think of the cost savings and how it has lined the pockets of a few majority shareholders, whilst customer service quickly vanishes.

Comment

Originally posted by sunnysan
                Is there anybody else having these issues with BT? Is there anyone else I can phone to report this? The service is beyond farcical. I would get a a telephone line installed faster in Upper Volta
                It took me over 2 weeks to get my broadband transferred, including all that you mention and more, including some calls over 3 hours. I mentioned it on the tech board, but I'm beginning to get over it now and I don't think I should talk about it again.
                God made men. Sam Colt made them equal.

Comment

Working...
                X