• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Annual Accounts - No Accountant

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Annual Accounts - No Accountant

My accountant has left me in the lurch - wont bore you with the details but my annual accounts are due - can i prepare them myself or do i need an accountant to do them for me.

You don't 'need' an accountant and I'm sure there are people on this forum who do their own accounts but as has been mentioned before, using accountants saves you from the headeache for a (one hopes) reasonable cost to the company.

The fact that you had an accountant to do this and now you don't seems to indicate that you should NOT do it. Otherwise, why did you have an accountant in the first place?

If it was me, I'd rustle up some new accountants quick. There are several that have been recommended on this forum...do a quick search for them...
    -When Chuck Norris falls in water, Chuck Norris doesn't get wet. Water gets Chuck Norris.

Comment

You can prepare them yourself, providing an audit is not required (and I don't imagine it is).

Comment

I was just wondering if a small Company (IT Contractor) needs an accountant at all?

Isn't it mandatory by Law to have the final sign off by an Accountant?

Comment

Originally posted by Chester View Post
          My accountant has left me in the lurch - wont bore you with the details but my annual accounts are due - can i prepare them myself or do i need an accountant to do them for me.
          If you can't get an accountant in time the companies house website has an easy to fill in PDF form for abbreviated accounts. Log into the website and it's under the file returns option IIRC.

Comment

Originally posted by ScottMurray View Post
            Isn't it mandatory by Law to have the final sign off by an Accountant?
            No. In fact even if you have an accountant it will be you the director that signs to say the accounts are correct.

Comment

Working...
            X