• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Level of maths knowledge

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Level of maths knowledge

What is your level of maths knowledge? And do you apply any of it to your job?
    No maths at all
    5.48%
    O-level/CSE/GCSE
    28.77%
    A-level
    24.66%
    First Degree
    27.40%
    Further degree(s)
    13.70%
    Hard Brexit now!
    #prayfornodeal

I know how to add 17.5%. That's all you need to know.

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru
      Excellent arithmetic skills which I so use. Nothing much beyond that.

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru
        it's very poor. i want do night school A-level in Maths, but none in my area.
        i cant even do long division properly (primary school teacher gave up teaching me it! )

Comment

I did a degree in Electronics, and hence had to do a load of degree level stuff.

I haven't used any of the degree level stuff. Ever.

I have used A-level stuff (solving simultaneous equations) but it's very rare.
          ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

Originally posted by Burdock
            it's very poor. i want do night school A-level in Maths, but none in my area.
            i cant even do long division properly (primary school teacher gave up teaching me it! )
            You might want to in role in a English GCSE class as well.

Comment

Trachtenberg Speed Mathematics is all you need to know. It lets you perform autistic savant-like calculations in your head. There is a good book on the subject:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Speed-System...5373340&sr=8-1

Learn the system and you will be hailed a genius and afforded a lifestyle of riches and beautiful women will fall at your feet, maybe.

Comment

Originally posted by RightLaugh
                I suggest you join him.

Comment

Originally posted by RightLaugh
                  And so might you.
                  Hard Brexit now!
                  #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by Charles Foster Kane
                    Trachtenberg Speed Mathematics is all you need to know. It lets you perform autistic savant-like calculations in your head. There is a good book on the subject:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Speed-System...5373340&sr=8-1

Learn the system and you will be hailed a genius and afforded a lifestyle of riches and beautiful women will fall at your feet, maybe.
                    Ooo, that looks interesting. Ta
                    ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

Working...
                    X