• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Newsnight Islam special tonight

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newsnight Islam special tonight

Should be interesting...quite a good panel.

They will be discussing (amongst other things) whether Islam needs its own Reformation.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/blogs/newsnight...t_special.html

Yes the reformation it requires is for its adherents to grow up and stop believing in fairy tales (together with the adherents of all other religions).

HTH
    Hard Brexit now!
    #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru
      Yes the reformation it requires is for its adherents to grow up and stop believing in fairy tales (together with the adherents of all other religions).

HTH
      Will you be gutted if Buddhism turns out to be the one true religion?
      ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

Originally posted by Moscow Mule
        If it does, I'll make sure I remember when I'm reborn and believe in it next time round.

Comment

if there had to be a religion, that would probably be the best bet?! hmm!

Comment

and from Lebanon by the radical cleric Sheikh Omar Bakri Mohammed
            This f8cka is one of the problems with islam.

Just a pity he and the rest of the numpties willing to detonate realise that!

Mailman

Comment

I've actually read a fair bit about Buddhism. If I did have to pick a religion, that would be it.
              It seems to me there's a split between Islam, Christianity and Judaism on the one hand, which try to suppress our innate evolutionary attributes thus causing pain and frustration and the Eastern religions, particularly Buddhism, which try to get humans through the angst of existence (while still having a fair amount of BS). For example, there is more and more scientific evidence that meditation is an effective technique for all sorts of ills.
              Hard Brexit now!
              #prayfornodeal

Comment

A Buddhist went up to a bloke selling hotdogs and said "Make me one with everything".

Comment

Originally posted by richard-af
                  A Buddhist went up to a bloke selling hotdogs and said "Make me one with everything".
                  hey, you just made a joke about religion and no-one was offended!

Comment

Originally posted by Burdock
                    hey, you just made a joke about religion and no-one was offended!

And I won Mornington Crescent - must buy a Lottery ticket tonight!

Comment

Working...
                    X