• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Australia

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Australia

A dream destination for middle class Brits fleeing punitive taxes, immigration, forced cultural diversity, state control, political correctness, or a scorching hellhole full of uncouth people with the cultural attraction of a dung heap?

Discuss.

The part after the 'or' is correct, but aus also has all the qualities of the part before the "or"
    Hard Brexit now!
    #prayfornodeal

Comment

I just wanna go somewhere where I can have a pint and a fag when I want without having to listen to the puritans bleating on about how bad it is for me, so if Australia can offer me that then I'm up for it.
      Call the cops

Comment

It's called 'white flight', is it not?
        It's about time I changed this sig...

Comment

Don't they have an unofficial National Anthem that's about some bloke stealing a sheep (and you can't threaten me for that as it's a cold, hard fact)?

Too hot for me.
          Guy Fawkes - "The last man to enter Parliament with honourable intentions."

Comment

It's telling, is it not, that when those that discovered Australia came home, nobody said, "Whoopee! Let's all move there. Sounds great", and, instead, sent the cr4p, sh1te and bin scrapings of society there to rot. Just a thought.

Comment

Originally posted by Alf W
              Don't they have an unofficial National Anthem that's about some bloke stealing a sheep (and you can't threaten me for that as it's a cold, hard fact)?

Too hot for me.
              Waltzing Matilda. I lost a lot of respect for them when they dumped such a gung-ho eccentric anthem for something as staid and prosaic as Advance Australia Fair.

PS As far as the theme is concerned, it's more about the police collaborating with the bosses in the shearers' strike, but let that one go. The real story is about character.
              God made men. Sam Colt made them equal.

Comment

Originally posted by richard-af
                It's telling, is it not, that when those that discovered Australia came home, nobody said, "Whoopee! Let's all move there. Sounds great", and, instead, sent the cr4p, sh1te and bin scrapings of society there to rot. Just a thought.
                Yes but that’s before they built houses & breweries, then they chilled out and started playing a bit of sport.

I can imagine the Romans weren’t too impressed when they first landed on this shivering 5hithole.
                Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

Comment

Originally posted by King Cnvt
                  A dream destination for middle class Brits fleeing punitive taxes, immigration, forced cultural diversity, state control, political correctness, or a scorching hellhole full of uncouth people with the cultural attraction of a dung heap?

Discuss.
                  Perhaps, but they soon realise it's jumping out of the fire into the frypan! Taxes are higher, far more govt. regulation and nanny state mentality and even the cost of living there isn't all that low any more.

Comment

Originally posted by Devlin
                    Perhaps, but they soon realise it's jumping out of the fire into the frypan! Taxes are higher, far more govt. regulation and nanny state mentality and even the cost of living there isn't all that low any more.
                    But does it pi55 down for 2 months solid in the middle of the summer?
                    Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

Comment

Working...
                    X