• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Hiding IP address

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hiding IP address

I want to hide my ip address. Any good way of doing this?

Thanks
    Andy

Who are you hiding it from?

Comment

Originally posted by smee.again
      Who are you hiding it from?
      Tis' a valid question. If it's from the website you're visiting use a public proxy service like ninja.

If something more insidious, you could try Torpark if the network is still running.
      ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

Also from where are you trying to hide it? Are you at home, in an office, behind a router, firewall etc...

Comment

Also from where are you trying to hide it? Are you at home, in an office, behind a router, firewall etc...
          its at home behind a router. I want to send someone several thousand emails using something like Atomic Mail Sender

Comment

Originally posted by andrew_neil_uk
            its at home behind a router. I want to send someone several thousand emails using something like Atomic Mail Sender

So your home IP is hidden but you want to hide you WAN IP?

Comment

So your home IP is hidden but you want to hide you WAN IP?
              All emails I send(from hotmail or Outlook or AMS) have my router address but then has my real IP address behind it. I would not be too bothered if my IP was dynamic.

Comment

put a blanket over it - that should keep it nice and hidden.
                Call the cops

Comment

Originally posted by andrew_neil_uk
                  All emails I send(from hotmail or Outlook or AMS) have my router address but then has my real IP address behind it. I would not be too bothered if my IP was dynamic.
                  Perhaps I'm missing something, but how can a hotmail mail have your IP address? The mail is sent from the hotmail server.

Comment

Originally posted by Dr. Nick Riviera
                    Perhaps I'm missing something, but how can a hotmail mail have your IP address? The mail is sent from the hotmail server.
                    good point - I will check. I know it does it for AMS and Outlook.

Comment

Working...
                    X