• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

PM skills

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

PM skills

Think I might be able to swing some PM training. What are the good things to do - Prince?

Originally posted by DieScum
    Think I might be able to swing some PM training. What are the good things to do - Prince?
    PRINCE2 - try to get on the Foundation and Practitioner course combined. Should be a week.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg
      PRINCE2 - try to get on the Foundation and Practitioner course combined. Should be a week.

Foundation is an attendance course...Practitioner is slightly tougher...

Comment

Originally posted by smee.again
        Exactly.

Comment

Is that the one at the O2 arena?

Comment

Originally posted by smee.again
            are these any good, are they worth going to ? How easy are they ??
            SA says;
            Well you looked so stylish I thought you batted for the other camp - thats like the ultimate compliment!

I couldn't imagine you ever having a hair out of place!

n5gooner is awarded +5 Xeno Geek Points.
            (whatever these are)

Comment

Originally posted by DieScum
              You could always try spending ten years as Chancellor, not sure how successful this "training" has been, though.
              Why the avatar? Well anyone accused of plotting against Gordon Brown can't be all bad.

Comment

Originally posted by n5gooner
                are these any good, are they worth going to ? How easy are they ??

The Practitioner is apparently quite tough...but the Foundation is sooooo easy.

Comment

The Practitioner is tough enough but if you've worked inside a project before you should get through. The thing to rmember is that this won't make you a project manager, but if you have project management experience it is useful and does give you an edge if you're going for PM jobs.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg
                    The Practitioner is tough enough but if you've worked inside a project before you should get through. The thing to rmember is that this won't make you a project manager, but if you have project management experience it is useful and does give you an edge if you're going for PM jobs.
                    Agreed.

I have gotten interviews/work partly because I have 'Registered PRINCE2 Practitioner' on my CV. Start the contract and the client doesn't use PRINCE2 - they just want to hire someone who knows about managing projects and they think PRINCE2 means that. It doesn't.
                    Rule #76: No excuses. Play like a champion.

Comment

Working...
                    X