• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

UK Government to seize thousands of Bank accounts

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

UK Government to seize thousands of Bank accounts

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/education/6915252.stm
    "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

They're dormant - I'm sure I've still got 10 quid somewher in a Midland (HSBC) account. I'd rather the funds came into public control than sat in the banks' coffers earning them interest.

Comment

Sounds a great idea to me.

Comment

Since alot of this money probably came from lonely old people who probably didn't have anyone to leave their money to, why not use it for better care for the elderly?

Our kids are the worst in Europe because family values don't seem to matter in the UK anymore, unlike our european neighbours. We should look at why this instead of throwing money at scummy street bandits

Comment

Originally posted by pisces
          Since alot of this money probably came from lonely old people who probably didn't have anyone to leave their money to, why not use it for better care for the elderly?

Our kids are the worst in Europe because family values don't seem to matter in the UK anymore, unlike our european neighbours. We should look at why this instead of throwing money at scummy street bandits
          Well said...
          Do what thou wilt

Comment

I don't much care what they do with it as long as they take it, and funding social care for the elderly is a great idea.

Comment

You can bet that the government will try grab all the credit with "we have provided £x million for this project" when all they have done is taken the money belonging to customers from banks. What happens if old Mrs Smith turns up in 10 years and says I want my fiver back - does she get a couple of free nights down the youth club

Comment

Working...
              X