• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

One rule for ....

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

One rule for ....

I am doing a company trace for a friend who is being swindled by management charges for his property. A string of companies leads back to one person ( an accountant) and goes full circle to a Panamanian Company (you can’t get details of directors of a Panamanian Company by law).

However the UK companies are owned by the accountant does not comply with UK law, eg registered address incorrect, company details not on correspondence and websites etc etc. The DTI seem powerless.

It seems ironic that if a cleaner is on benefits and is earning an illegal £20 per week there is a telephone number to grass on her and the whole weight of the CPS goes into force but if a city accountant is fiddling millions then nothing can be done.
    "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Originally posted by Paddy
    I am doing a company trace for a friend who is being swindled by management charges for his property. A string of companies leads back to one person ( an accountant) and goes full circle to a Panamanian Company (you can’t get details of directors of a Panamanian Company by law).

However the UK companies are owned by the accountant does not comply with UK law, eg registered address incorrect, company details not on correspondence and websites etc etc. The DTI seem powerless.

It seems ironic that if a cleaner is on benefits and is earning an illegal £20 per week there is a telephone number to grass on her and the whole weight of the CPS goes into force but if a city accountant is fiddling millions then nothing can be done.
    What is the management co? PM me if you cant post it here
    Hard Brexit now!
    #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by Paddy

Oh come on, this has been going on forever. I made a quip at university about how the middle classes fiddle travel expenses, yet fare evaders on buses get disproportionate fines; I might as well of told them their grandmother was a whore.

Comment

Working...
      X