• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Wisdom teeth

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wisdom teeth

I had the top two removed a couple of years ago, and today I'm having the first of the bottom two removed.

Final proof of the non-existence of God? There can't be any intelligent design behind this.
    Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

lets us know how its goes, my ones are pushin through at the mo and i'm dreadin having them done.
    "Wait, I still function!"

Comment

I had mine out but was sedated. I had one out in the Army and it was a horrific experience so decided that sedation was the best way.

The dentist told me that I would be awake but would feel a bit drunk..
      He gave me the injection, I zonked out and don't remember a thing about it. I came to with blood everywhere but otherwise fine.

I had no issues afterwards either. No pain, nothing.....

Comment

Kept all mine - gob won't shut properly now!

Comment

My wife tells me, that is is not nice when the hole left after the removal of the tooth, gets filled up by infection liquid. Quite painful too it seems.
          "Condoms should come with a free pack of earplugs."

Comment

The top ones were okay. It still feels a bit strange years later, like I can still feel there's something there, but it was never worse than a dull ache.

The dentist assures me the bottom ones should be simple in my case. Some people end up in hospital and looking like a hamster.
            Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

I had one impacted taken out in hospital (BUPA job) - they took the top one out at the same time, so I got a two-for-the-price-of-one deal.

Others are OK.

Mrs F had hers taken out at the dentists with not too much problem - but they're still all pretty nasty to get done.
              Best Forum Advisor 2014
              Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
              Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

I had my two top ones taken out about 7 years ago. I went private (dont know whether that made a difference) but it was over and done in about 2 minutes! Quick injection, and he just twisted them out! A doddle!
                Although, I did get an infection in one of them, which was horrible - didn't hurt, just really really stunk!

I've never had them in the bottom yet, as I am sooooooooo young
                The pope is a tard.

Comment

Originally posted by ThomasSoerensen
                  My wife tells me, that is is not nice when the hole left after the removal of the tooth, gets filled up by infection liquid. Quite painful too it seems.
                  Not had mine out but they have been sort of half protruding for about 10 years so I used to get the problem of bacteria building up behind the flaps and causing infection.

Try one of these its like a jetwash for the mouth, even if you don't have problems you'll be amazed at the crap it manages to dislodge.

Waterpik

The only problem is it only lasts about six months before the battery wont hold a charge, I'm on my 3rd.
                  Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

Comment

Originally posted by TheFaqqer
                    I had one impacted taken out in hospital (BUPA job) - they took the top one out at the same time, so I got a two-for-the-price-of-one deal.
                    'Course they did. Why leave one in if it's got nothing to bite against?
                    God made men. Sam Colt made them equal.

Comment

Working...
                    X