• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Contract cut short - advice?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Contract cut short - advice?

Supposed to be finishing up my contract on the 10th, Agency have just told me that the bank want me to finish up on 3rd (a week early) basically because the project is on hold. They only have to give 1 weeks notice, but they could have told me a couple of weeks ago, I assumed I was staying till the 10th. So a little p*ssed off. I'm just going through my contract trying to find a way for me to stay till 10th. I noticed this:

"8.1 This Agreement may be terminated prior to the expiry of the Period by the Agency giving 1 week’s notice in writing to the Supplier"

So does this mean if I don't receive anything in writing then notice has not been given? The weeks notice starts when I receive that letter?

no, verbal notice is perfectly OK. I'd get looking.
    I'm alright Jack

Comment

Originally posted by BlasterBates
      no, verbal notice is perfectly OK. I'd get looking.
      Even though it says '1 week in writing'?

Comment

Just received letter of termination... better get looking

Comment

Originally posted by XTC
          Just received letter of termination... better get looking

jobserve is your friend......
          SA says;
          Well you looked so stylish I thought you batted for the other camp - thats like the ultimate compliment!

I couldn't imagine you ever having a hair out of place!

n5gooner is awarded +5 Xeno Geek Points.
          (whatever these are)

Comment

Stop spamming the forums ....

ONly joking sorry to hear that but at least u only had a week left, it could have been far worse.

All the best

Comment

Originally posted by Harrysp
              Stop spamming the forums ....

ONly joking sorry to hear that but at least u only had a week left, it could have been far worse.

All the best
              Cheers

Comment

Working...
              X