• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Tarot Readings

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tarot Readings

Until last night i was a complete none believer, went to an event last night for a laugh and had a reading. I expected to receive a wishy-washy generalisation of who i am, what has happened in the past and what will happen in the future..

instead, i got a fairly accurate depiction of myself, my thoughts on things and references to close friends and their current problems, not much future though apart from "continue with self employment, it will bring you great happiness".

I gave nothing away, arrived dressed in casual scruffs (in which I always get assumed im a student) and apart from saying hello and shuffling/splitting the deck I had no other interaction with her.

It got me thinking quite a lot and now im considering going to another reading to see if its as accurate. I'm still a none believer in how a few pieces of card can predict the future and explain the past but before the event i was 3 out of 10 in belief, now id say nearer 8 out of 10 but looking to disprove the whole notion, i much prefer science fact.

Has anyone else ever had a reading? anyone know how its done?
    The proud owner of 125 Xeno Geek Points

Is that the Texas Hold'em version of tarot.

Seriously, I think that like horroscopes, you probably link events in to match what is being said. I prefer harder facts than randomly drawn cards - I fall into to sceptic group (but am prepared to keep an open mind)

Comment

yep, my Mrs got me into it, like you I didn't believe until I went.

First time I went she went straight into "I've got a message from your dad" - she couldn't have even known he was dead - and the message was accurate and nothing she could have known before hand, also knew the rough ages and sex of my children without any prompting.

spooky man.
      Cenedl heb iaith, cenedl heb galon

Comment

i totally agree, i am a sceptic, but my friend also had a reading and we both agreed afterwards that our readings were approx 90% accurate, however, if we swapped the readings given to each of us then they were down to around 25-30% accurate..

there were a few keys things she said that spooked me a little,

1) she told me that i enjoy travelling and australia was a highlight of my trip [yes i know most backpackers goto Oz so not hard to guess], she also said that next week i am going away again and the country begins with G, i will have a fun time. This is true, im off to Greece to visit my sister, leaving on tuesday. Again i know stating im off on a jolly is not hard to guess giving the current cr@ppy weather but being so specific about next week and country beginning with G is a little to close to accurate..

2) so told me within 10 secs of the reading that i am self employed and have been for just over a year, i enjoy the freedom and the lifestyle and i'm thinking of forming a company which is a good idea (again doesnt take a genius to realise but telling me I AM self employed is quite a direct comment and then to be so specific about going from self employed to limited is quite specific.

3) she told me that i had other plans other than my current main income and although the ideas have been well received by others i will realise that it isnt a serious project but not to be disheartened. I was plannign on setting up plan C (plan b is still in development) as a side hobby as soon as i get back from hols..

see, the words she used were general but also direct, and how much of what ive said applies to the rest of you? i understand that people apply things to fit what they want to hear but somethings she said seemed to me to be too accurate.. maybe she's stalking me

Comment

It can be quite spooky, my Nan had a physic reading (where they contact the spirits) done many years ago and was told that her duaghter was pregnant with a boy. That evening, when my Mum went to see my Nan conversation went something like this:
          Nan - Have you got something to tell me
          Mum - What do you mean
          Nan - That you are pregnant
          Mum - How do you know, I only went to the doctors this afternoon and he has confirmed that I am pregnant
          Nan - Well it's going to be a boy

9 months later and baby BA to the Stars arrives on the scene!

A true story & nice as well, whether there is anything in the cards / spirits / tea leaves, etc.

Comment

Anyone heard of Lady Vera, Fart Teller?

Comment

What a pile of tulipe.

Next ....
              Hard Brexit now!
              #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru
                What a pile of tulipe.

Next ....
                nice to see your usual open minded self SAS

Comment

Originally posted by chef
                  Until last night i was a complete none believer, went to an event last night for a laugh and had a reading. I expected to receive a wishy-washy generalisation of who i am, what has happened in the past and what will happen in the future..

instead, i got a fairly accurate depiction of myself, my thoughts on things and references to close friends and their current problems, not much future though apart from "continue with self employment, it will bring you great happiness".

I gave nothing away, arrived dressed in casual scruffs (in which I always get assumed im a student) and apart from saying hello and shuffling/splitting the deck I had no other interaction with her.

It got me thinking quite a lot and now im considering going to another reading to see if its as accurate. I'm still a none believer in how a few pieces of card can predict the future and explain the past but before the event i was 3 out of 10 in belief, now id say nearer 8 out of 10 but looking to disprove the whole notion, i much prefer science fact.

Has anyone else ever had a reading? anyone know how its done?
                  And exactly how long has your mum been giving Tarot readings?
                  Confusion is a natural state of being

Comment

Working...
                  X