• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

First payments to my LTD Company?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

First payments to my LTD Company?

Hello all, first post here.

I have recently set up a Limited Company and have been paid into my company account. My account is set up online and I noticed I can transfer money from my business account to my current account.

Can I draw money from the account as and when I like or do I have to wait for my accountant to tell me how much I can pay myself.

Nope you can take it all out and in as and when you like.

Comment

you need to understand how much you can take as Wages, Dividends & Expenses - the rest needs to be left there [ to cover PAYE, CT & VAT at a later date ].

You should also make seperate transfers from your Bus A/c to your Personal A/c for each of the Salary, Dividends & Expenses.

Also don't forget that for wages - you need to ensure you've kept enough for PAYE [ IT & 2xNI ]

For dividends you need Minutes & Tax Vouchers

and for Expenses you need to keep all reciepts.

But of course your accountant told you all this anyway......
      Cenedl heb iaith, cenedl heb galon

Comment

Thanks guys, my accountant is on holiday at the moment so I'm a bit stuck. If I just draw out half for now so I have something then I should be ok!

Or, should I leave it until the accountant gets back?

Comment

Apologise if I ask silly questions, I always make sure I 100% understand something, if that requires a silly question then I'll ask lol!

Comment

Originally posted by Gahoo
            Thanks guys, my accountant is on holiday at the moment so I'm a bit stuck. If I just draw out half for now so I have something then I should be ok!

Or, should I leave it until the accountant gets back?
            Depends on how long he is away for, and how much you need the money!

I'd leave it until he comes back, but I don't know the answer to either of these questions.
            Best Forum Advisor 2014
            Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
            Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Is it a dividend or salary? Doesn't sound like you know, so perhaps you should wait for your accountant.

You can't just spend it all on sweets.
              Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

Originally posted by VectraMan
                Is it a dividend or salary? Doesn't sound like you know, so perhaps you should wait for your accountant.

You can't just spend it all on sweets.
                LOL, I know but I have bills to pay!

I'll try ringing him :-)

Comment

Your salary is agreed between your company and yourself. It must be in excess of the legal minimum wage. You must draw this into your bank personal account at a regular interval.
                  Your dividend is all other payments from your company to yourself not including expenses.

Comment

If you have only just started I wouldn't bother about it too much. CT is not due for almost two years and PAYE, even if caught by IR35, for over eight months. He wont' be away that long presumabably.
                    bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
                    John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Working...
                    X