• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Friday night losers club.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Friday night losers club.

Anyone joining me? Or do you all have lives?

I'm stuck in on my own tonight, so it's either gala bingo and loose a fortune, or open a bottle of wine and crack on with me online nerds.

Anyone up for it?
    The pope is a tard.

I'm taking my daughter to see The Simpsons

Comment

Originally posted by crimdon
      I'm taking my daughter to see The Simpsons
      Ah its really good - you'll love it. Take some tissues though!!
      The pope is a tard.

Comment

Hi SA,

I'm in and working although I'm having a beer or ten as well. I'm working US hours these days but don't have the webcam connected

Beer and pizza tonight...

http://www.sysadminday.com/
        Me, me, me...

Comment

Originally posted by Cliphead
          Hi SA,

I'm in and working although I'm having a beer or ten as well. I'm working US hours these days but don't have the webcam connected

Beer and pizza tonight...

http://www.sysadminday.com/

Ah brilliant - happy sys admin day!!

I was just thinking about you actually Cliphead - the last time I stayed in on here I believe it was you who got me drunk on Port and Brandy

How are things?
          The pope is a tard.

Comment

Yes, I remember that! Better as a hangover cure though.

I feel a fraud calling what I do work, currently downloading a new set of sampled instruments to test and report back. so I get to drink beer, eat pizza and play with a Steinway piano. Oh, and I get paid for it too.

Why are you stuck in?
            Me, me, me...

Comment

Yes, I remember that! Better as a hangover cure though.

I feel a fraud calling what I do work, currently downloading a new set of sampled instruments to test and report back. so I get to drink beer, eat pizza and play with a Steinway piano. Oh, and I get paid for it too.

Why are you stuck in?
              Ah wow, that sounds really cool! You jammy nowt - how did you land a gig like that?!!

Hows the album coming along - am I right in thinking you were recording something? (Apologies if I've got that wrong).

I'm stuck in because my stupid bloke is out with his stupid mates, and I live too far away from my mates to meet up short notice

Still...the wine is getting opened as we speak And it's very nice to have your company
              The pope is a tard.

Comment

Originally posted by SallyAnne
                Ah wow, that sounds really cool! You jammy nowt - how did you land a gig like that?!!

Hows the album coming along - am I right in thinking you were recording something? (Apologies if I've got that wrong).

I'm stuck in because my stupid bloke is out with his stupid mates, and I live too far away from my mates to meet up short notice

Still...the wine is getting opened as we speak And it's very nice to have your company
                A cool gig indeed! I bought some music software a couple of years ago, had a problem and solved it, passed on the info to the company and they offered me a job. Having a great time not contracting as you can imagine. Working from home means longer hours but I get to play with all this cool software.

Yes, recording my solo album, problem is I keep writing and tweaking and I don't know what to include or drop. Still on track for a December release as well as guesting on another album also scheduled for December although I haven't even started on that one yet.

Enjoy yer bottle of wine, I'll stick to a few tinnies here. Likely I'll head out tomorrow night for a piss up with the guys.
                Me, me, me...

Comment

A cool gig indeed! I bought some music software a couple of years ago, had a problem and solved it, passed on the info to the company and they offered me a job. Having a great time not contracting as you can imagine. Working from home means longer hours but I get to play with all this cool software.

Yes, recording my solo album, problem is I keep writing and tweaking and I don't know what to include or drop. Still on track for a December release as well as guesting on another album also scheduled for December although I haven't even started on that one yet.

Enjoy yer bottle of wine, I'll stick to a few tinnies here. Likely I'll head out tomorrow night for a piss up with the guys.
                  How does it mean longer hours?

Ah man thats so cool - well done! You'll have to let us all know when it's released - will it be on iTunes?

I cant get my bottle open
                  The pope is a tard.

Comment

Originally posted by SallyAnne
                    How does it mean longer hours?

Ah man thats so cool - well done! You'll have to let us all know when it's released - will it be on iTunes?

I cant get my bottle open
                    Working at home requires discipline - working fewer hours not longer hours. I'm having fun what I do but working to US time means I start a normal day but as I should be finishing the yanks come online and need updates on what I've been doing and other requests.

You can't open your bottle of wine!!! Use yer teeth or whack it off the edge of a table

I might release a tune or two on iTunes, I'll see how it goes. Where are you gigging these days?
                    Me, me, me...

Comment

Working...
                    X