• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Going back to old hobbies

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've just rediscovered my lovely Kiso Suzuki guitar languishing in a wardrobe. I haven't played it for over 20 years (since I met hubby, in fact), but I might open the case as get it out. Bit worried that I've forgotten how to tune it, let alone play it...

(Was always a rubbish player but spent many happy hours in my bedroom singing to myself...)

I feel a mid-life crisis coming on...
    "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
    - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Originally posted by cojak
    I've just rediscovered my lovely Kiso Suzuki guitar languishing in a wardrobe. I haven't played it for over 20 years (since I met hubby, in fact), but I might open the case as get it out. Bit worried that I've forgotten how to tune it, let alone play it...

(Was always a rubbish player but spent many happy hours in my bedroom singing to myself...)

I feel a mid-life crisis coming on...
    Every body sing along...

Kum ba yah etc...

I'll fetch my tambourine!

Comment

More John Denver actually.

After not listening to him for donkey's I bought a few tunes off iTunes and it all came back.

I loved Sad Song...
      "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
      - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Originally posted by cojak
        More John Denver actually.

After not listening to him for donkey's I bought a few tunes off iTunes and it all came back.

I loved Sad Song...
        "I'm leaving, on a jet plane"

Not any more you're not!

But seriously, my favourite of his was "Poems, Prayers and Promises".

Comment

Cant go back to my old hobbies

Apparently they are illegal now
          Confusion is a natural state of being

Comment

Originally posted by Diver
            Cant go back to my old hobbies

Apparently they are illegal now
            Only if you get caught...

Comment

Originally posted by Churchill

But seriously, my favourite of his was "Poems, Prayers and Promises".
              I like the one about the bloke who chucks in his city job and lifestyle, and goes and lives in the mountains.

All about sitting on the porch of a log cabin, watching eagles, playing a fiddle and 'cakes on the griddle'.

If only life was that simple

Comment

Originally posted by Burdock
                I like the one about the bloke who chucks in his city job and lifestyle, and goes and lives in the mountains.

All about sitting on the porch of a log cabin, watching eagles, playing a fiddle and 'cakes on the griddle'.

If only life was that simple
                Life can be that simple, if your that simple too
                Fiscal nomad it's legal.

Comment

Anyone fancy a game of Dungeons and Dragons?

Comment

Originally posted by Scaroth of the Jagaroth
                    Anyone fancy a game of Dungeons and Dragons?
                    Go on admit it, you're still playing, you never gave up
                    Fiscal nomad it's legal.

Comment

Working...
                    X