• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Company Motorbike

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Company Motorbike

Whilst waiting for my accountant to e-mail me back...does anyone here run a bike through their company?

If so, would you be so kind as to summarise the tax implications (BiK etc?)?

Also, who do you insure with? I've just tried a couple of brokers and they only cover personally owned vehicles...

TIA

I don't use a bike, but I have looked into it a bit.

The mileage rate you can pay for a bike without attracting BIK taxation is much lower than for a car.

But personally, I decided against it as bikers can have a certain image in peoples minds. I know it's unjustified but it happens....

Comment

Originally posted by r0bly0ns
      I decided against it as bikers can have a certain image in peoples minds. I know it's unjustified but it happens....
      Yes, you're right. But is it necessarily a negative image? Only if you turn up at a meeting and chuck your Sidi's on the desk.

The MD of my 'best' client rides a fireblade... so for me at least, biking is the new golf

Comment

Originally posted by Red 7
        Yes, you're right. But is it necessarily a negative image? Only if you turn up at a meeting and chuck your Sidi's on the desk.

The MD of my 'best' client rides a fireblade... so for me at least, biking is the new golf
        Unfortunately that depends on who has the preconception.

In my experience more people have a negative image of bikers than positive, and personally I didn't want that to affect business.

However if you know your clients are bikers then I would be very tempted when the weather is like today......

Comment

Why dont you want your clients to percieve you as extremely fertile and able to impregnate thier daughter from 20 yeards with just a look?

Comment

Originally posted by Sockpuppet
            Why dont you want your clients to percieve you as extremely fertile and able to impregnate thier daughter from 20 yeards with just a look?

Comment

Working...
            X