• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Alcohol

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Alcohol

After a few drinks on Saturday, nothing over the top mind, I spent all of yesterday being violently sick. This has happened to me before, but never after such a moderate amount of booze.

Subsequently, today I feel like sh1t. My hands are shaking, my limbs feel weak, and my throat is sore from all the Huey and Rolf yesterday.

I can no longer drink red wine, as it gives me a migraine. Now it seems I can't drink beer any more either.

So I've decided to give up drinking alcohol. And as my friends, albeit virtual ones, I will expect you to support me in this endeavour. Thank you.

Originally posted by Moose423956
    After a few drinks on Saturday, nothing over the top mind, I spent all of yesterday being violently sick. This has happened to me before, but never after such a moderate amount of booze.

Subsequently, today I feel like sh1t. My hands are shaking, my limbs feel weak, and my throat is sore from all the Huey and Rolf yesterday.

I can no longer drink red wine, as it gives me a migraine. Now it seems I can't drink beer any more either.

So I've decided to give up drinking alcohol. And as my friends, albeit virtual ones, I will expect you to support me in this endeavour. Thank you.
    So...it's your round then?

Comment

Good Idea. See post "Beer or your bum" today.

Comment

You and me too, Moose. 3 bottles of beer on Saturday and I still feel 'under the weather today'. Or have I got something else wrong with me?
        Illegitimus non carborundum est!

Comment

Eh?!! you big puff

(i'm guessing by your last sentence that's the kind of reply you were expecting?)
          The pope is a tard.

Comment

Originally posted by SallyAnne
            Eh?!! you big puff

(i'm guessing by your last sentence that's the kind of reply you were expecting?)

poof
            Hard Brexit now!
            #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru

poof
              No no, she was right, I am a puff.

Comment

No no, she was right, I am a puff.

Well I'm into my 4th week of packing in the fags, so I cant knock someone for wanting to make their health better.

Good on you lad, and god luck.
                The pope is a tard.

Comment

Originally posted by SallyAnne

Well I'm into my 4th week of packing in the fags, so I cant knock someone for wanting to make their health better.

Good on you lad, and god luck.
                  4th week - that's good. You're over the physical addiction now - it's just mental. Remember the cravings will still be there but they last much shorter and happen less frequently. There's a danger period when you've believed you've killed the habit and think I'll just have one for old times sakes - DON'T DO IT.
                  Hard Brexit now!
                  #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru
                    4th week - that's good. You're over the physical addiction now - it's just mental. Remember the cravings will still be there but they last much shorter and happen less frequently. There's a danger period when you've believed you've killed the habit and think I'll just have one for old times sakes - DON'T DO IT.
                    I have the odd one from time to time and it doesn't turn me back into a smoker. Different people handle it differently.

Comment

Working...
                    X