• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

polish cars

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

polish cars

thats cars from poland not how2

do they need road tax to be over here ?
    do they need an MOT ?

Any citizen from a country within the EU is able to drive their cars across 'borders' without hindrance.

If someone is going to be living in the UK then they need to register the car here and adhere to the laws i.e. MOT etc

This has always a concern for those on the continent, the French believe the Italian drivers are not of the same standard but can’t do anything about it. Auto Bahn laws are a hot topic as the majority of accidents are not from German drivers.
    "Wait, I still function!"

Comment

Polish Cars. Is that a request? If so, what rate are you offering? And do I supply my own AutoGlim?
      Last edited by richard-af; 30 July 2007, 13:31.

Comment

Originally posted by richard-af
        Polish Cars. Is that a request? If so, what rate are you offering? And do I supply my own AutoGlim?
        AutoGlym

Comment

Originally posted by ~Craig~
          AutoGlym
          That's an interesting development for the spelling police. I mean, presumbly "Autoglym" is supposed to be short for "Auto glimmer"? In which case "Autoglim" would be more correct really, in spelling terms.

But as it's a brandname you'd have to correct something like "Dunking Doughnuts" (correct, but completely wrong) to

Dunkin' Donuts (completely wrong, but correct.)

Comment

Originally posted by Swiss Tony
            Any citizen from a country within the EU is able to drive their cars across 'borders' without hindrance.

If someone is going to be living in the UK then they need to register the car here and adhere to the laws i.e. MOT etc
            Technically speaking if the car is permanently imported then it must be registered and taxed as soon as possible after it arrives.

This is actually quite hard to do if the car remains in the UK but the owner himself is not resident in the UK (this is a perfectly reasonable situation: e.g. you live and work in Germany, and come over to visit your girlfriend often enough that you want to leave a car in the UK, but not enough that you become resident).

A car registered in an EU country may be used in the UK for 6 months in any 12-month period. It is the responsibility of the driver to prove how long the vehicle has been in the country.
            God made men. Sam Colt made them equal.

Comment

Working...
            X