• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Mountain with Griff Rhys Jones

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mountain with Griff Rhys Jones

Did anyone watch this last night? Was it good?

I watched 'From Russia With Love', it was a tough decision.

As a military man, I am pleased to see the mods attempting to restore some long overdue order to this increasingly unruly and childish forum. Therefore I feel duty bound to observe what has this to do with general contracting matters? Please limit such idle chit-chat to light relief.

Comment

Originally posted by Gunnery Sergeant Highway
      As a military man, I am pleased to see the mods attempting to restore some long overdue order to this increasingly unruly and childish forum. Therefore I feel duty bound to observe what has this to do with general contracting matters? Please limit such idle chit-chat to light relief.
      Crikey, this is one of the most serious threads posted in 'General' since I've been a member

Comment

Originally posted by Burdock
        Did anyone watch this last night? Was it good?
        Brilliant - was riveted to the screen. Great human interest story with the inhabitants, great footage of the wilds of Scotland. Broke my heart to remember how far away I am from wilderness like that in London. Catch it on demand/replay if you can.

Comment

Originally posted by Burdock
          Crikey, this is one of the most serious threads posted in 'General' since I've been a member
          When you address me the first and last words out of your mouth will be "sir". Do I make myself clear? Heaven only knows this forum needs some discipline.

Comment

Originally posted by realityhack
            Brilliant - was riveted to the screen. Great human interest story with the inhabitants, great footage of the wilds of Scotland. Broke my heart to remember how far away I am from wilderness like that in London. Catch it on demand/replay if you can.
            I might get the DVD when it's done!

It is depressing to see the mountains when you're not there. Especially when it's sunny with blue skies. Plan B- get a job in a Youth Hostel oop north.

Comment

Originally posted by Gunnery Sergeant Highway
              When you address me the first and last words out of your mouth will be "sir". Do I make myself clear? Heaven only knows this forum needs some discipline.
              OMG - you're Drill Sergeant Hartman and I'm Private Pyle!

I mean, I'm Private Pyle, SIR.

Comment

I dislike Griff. Just can't stand him.

I think "To The Baltic With Bob" did it for me. Utter pap. And as boring as can be.

And he did that Restoration Village thing: "We want our well off the beaten track, nice posh village to be improved, because we're all spent-up, having bought our 23rd Cornish cottage, and, what with the kids' private violin lessons to pay for (and let's not even talk about the cost of skiing, darling) ..."

Bleauurggh!!!

Sorry.

Comment

I thought the prog was great. As well as the the human interest angle there was the landscape, plus I was gobsmacked at how fit griff is. If its genuine then I take my hat off to the tw@t

(\__/)
                  (>'.'<)
                  ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Decided not to watch this as I didn't think it would be any good.

Looks like I was wrong.

I've just checked the BBC listings for the week and it's not being repeated which is surprising.

I'll make a point to catch it next week.

Comment

Working...
                    X