• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

British Film Forever

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

British Film Forever

Anyone catch this at the w/end?

It's part of the The Summer of British Film Season on the BBC.

Turns out there were quite a lot of classic films mentioned that I hadn't seen:

The Third Man
    The Ipcress File
    Brighton Rock

3rd man classic film noir with Orson Wells (who only appears in the film briefly).

Ipcress File .. Micheal Caine in classic rogue secret agent caper.

Brighton Rock ... classic b/w gangster flick with "Dickie" .. Attenborough... based on the original b/w Scarface I believe .. not sure.

Compare these films to "Transformers" and "The Simpsons" and understand the meaning of a "waste of time".

Comment

Brighton Rock
      "You are Colly Kibber and I claim my £5!"

I saw this recently and totally recommend it. I thought it started quite slowly, but I was hooked by the end.

What a rotter that Dickie Attenborough was.

Comment

Originally posted by Burdock
        What a rotter that Dickie Attenborough was.
        Chelsea director. Say no more. I enjoyed it when he was shot in The Great Escape.

Comment

Aye,he came across as really scary in another film that was mentioned - 10 Rillington Place.

Looks like I'm not the movie buff I thought seeing as these movies were not even on my 'must see list'.

Will take the collective opinions on board and search them out.

P.S. There's always room for big popcorn flicks like Transformers (saw it tonight - weak plot, amazing effects).

Comment

Hell Drivers
            Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

Originally posted by VectraMan
              Hell Drivers
              You mean this?

Comment

People tend to forget Powell & Pressburger's "A Matter of Life And Death" .. the one where David Niven gets shot down in WW2 and goes to heaven and tries to cheat death and return to the world by undergoing a jury trial with the aid of a 17th centuary French man lawyer who had been guilitened (beheaded). Not sure if could classify as Brit flick though ...

4 weddings and a funeral was tulipe,

Comment

Classic British

Ealing comedies
                  Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

The Wicker Man (orginal).

It's coming to cinemas soon as part of the British Film Festival.

Comment

Working...
                    X