• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Public Support For Scotspine

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Public Support For Scotspine

In light of the nanny thread I think it is only right to balance the contributions with a thread supporting the tireless efforts of Scotspine and his colleagues.

Milan.

I wish the mods had acted sooner. They let the situation deteriorate to an almost no hope situation in terms of juvenile drivel and childish posters. I hope it is not too late and thoroughly support any move that will restore the forum to its former glory.

Comment

What, no juvenile drivel? That's not fair, I'm telling my mum!
      bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
      John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Originally posted by Scaroth of the Jagaroth
        I wish the mods had acted sooner. They let the situation deteriorate to an almost no hope situation in terms of juvenile drivel and childish posters. I hope it is not too late and thoroughly support any move that will restore the forum to its former glory.
        Hmmm....

1) Scotspine and the Admins probably all get paid for this, so they probably dont need a motivational thread expressing our undying love for them
        I think we express our appreciation of this site by logging in every day dont we?

2) Scaroth - people have as much right to post childish and juvenile drivel as others have to post daily, drawn out, boring threads about house prices and politics. Neither are against the T's & C's, and both are equally as valid.

This thread is pointless and will only serve to bring out the "old school" brigade who want everyone off the board who wasn't on here 5 years ago, and I'm fairly sure they'd all start with me aswell, so to that I say
        The pope is a tard.

Comment

Originally posted by SallyAnne
          2) Scaroth - people have as much right to post childish and juvenile drivel as others have to post daily, drawn out, boring threads about house prices and politics. Neither are against the T's & C's, and both are equally as valid.
          You are joking, aren't you?

I don't mind if you post nonsense in "Light Relief" where it can be safely ignored but the description of the "General" forum is "General issues affecting and of interest to contractors". There's nothing wrong with a little light hearted banter but things have got seriously out of hand on this board over the last year or so.

Comment

I don't mind if you post nonsense in "Light Relief" where it can be safely ignored but the description of the "General" forum is "General issues affecting and of interest to contractors". There's nothing wrong with a little light hearted banter but things have got seriously out of hand on this board over the last year or so.

Where is Jagaroth anyway?

Comment

Why would people "safely ignore" stuff thats in light relief? Why would you try and imply that everyone on this board isn't interested in humour or fun?

Its also very debatable what subjects are of general interest to contractors, and what aren't. Like I say, something of general interest to me may come under your juvenile heading, but it might not come under anyone elses.

And saying as how most people on here ARE contractors, then surely anything they're interested in comes under general? Whats of general interest to one, may not be to another, but I'd have thought both are equally valid?
              The pope is a tard.

Comment

Originally posted by SallyAnne
                Why would people "safely ignore" stuff thats in light relief? Why would you try and imply that everyone on this board isn't interested in humour or fun?

Its also very debatable what subjects are of general interest to contractors, and what aren't. Like I say, something of general interest to me may come under your juvenile heading, but it might not come under anyone elses.

And saying as how most people on here ARE contractors, then surely anything they're interested in comes under general? Whats of general interest to one, may not be to another, but I'd have thought both are equally valid?
                Please tell me you are pulling my plonker? You are surely not in all seriousness forwarding that as a reasoned argument in favour of "anything goes" posting?

Comment

Originally posted by wendigo100

Where is Jagaroth anyway?
                  Shhh, somewhere near Zeitghost's lot.

Comment

A couple of weeks ago, when the first bannings occured as a result of things deteriorating considerably, I agreed and was all for the rule of law.

However, I think there is also a fair counter-argument that says a lot of the 'old-timers' are actually harking back to the good old days of when they were big fish in a small pond.

I still agree with most of the bannings as most of those affected just didn't know where to draw the line.

(I never had a problem with them posting drivel as it was easy to tune it out, only issue I had is where they took threads off-topic).

However, if the old timers want things to improve they need to stop whingeing and start contributing again.

Comment

Working...
                    X