• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Ship hits house.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ship hits house.

This won't look good on the captains log :-

http://www.shiptalk.com/?itemid=2317#news
    It's my opinion and I'm entitled to it. www.areyoupopular.mobi

Doesn't say where it was. I expect the captain was Greek.
    bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
    John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Originally posted by xoggoth
      Or a grey disguised as a Greek.

Comment

Puts a new spin on the word "Houseboat"
        Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C.S. Lewis

Comment

I don't know why, but this reminds me of a helicopter "crash opera" video I have a link to:

I know it's not PC and there were probably fatalities, but it cracks me up every time I watch it.

http://www.livevideo.com/video/2E5AA...ter-opera.aspx

Comment

Originally posted by KentPhilip
            I don't know why, but this reminds me of a helicopter "crash opera" video I have a link to:

I know it's not PC and there were probably fatalities, but it cracks me up every time I watch it.

WTF did that one on the water try to take off again for....water over the window screen isnt good!!!

Comment

Originally posted by KentPhilip

Absolutely hilarious

Comment

It happens more often than you'd think.

As an example, in the waters surrounding Britain where the one man bridge watch is generally employed on most short sea and coastal shipping routes, an average of six ships a year go aground purely as a result of the watch-keeper falling asleep, becoming incapacitated or being absent from the bridge. Since 1993, sixty groundings have occurred for the same reasons.

Comment

What with coastal erosion, rising sea levels, tsunamis, and now the fear of ships I'm really glad I never bought that guesthouse in Blackpool after all.

Comment

Originally posted by xoggoth
                    It was a Norwegian ship and it hit a house on a canal in the Netherlands. Captain dozed off, apparently.
                    It's my opinion and I'm entitled to it. www.areyoupopular.mobi

Comment

Working...
                    X