• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Did Anyone See On the News Last Night

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Did Anyone See On the News Last Night

Gordo's face when Dubya spun the golfing cart around in front of the journalists ?

Oh dear.

Milan.

He ws actually clinging on for dear life.....
    Bazza gets caught
    Socrates - "The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing."

CUK University Challenge Champions 2010

Comment

Originally posted by cailin maith
      He ws actually clinging on for dear life.....
      ...and onto his glass eye

Comment

The only redeeming feature of Bush is his inclination to be silly.
        bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
        John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Originally posted by xoggoth
          The only redeeming feature of Bush is his inclination to be silly.
          I agree. Those press conferences won't be the same without him. I like it when he pauses mid-sentence and says something like 'hey, we're the good guys here fighting evil'. Plus he has a good rapport with the press. Makes all his media appearances fun to watch at least. Imagine how dry they'd be with Hilary.

Comment

I still expect to see Blair whenever they say 'the Prime Minister' in the news.

Brown just doesn't look, well prime ministerial!

Comment

Originally posted by milanbenes
              Gordo's face when Dubya spun the golfing cart around in front of the journalists ?

Oh dear.

Milan.
              Brown looked a lot older than Dubya, although in actuality he's 3 or 4 years younger. (I won't insult Bush senior by saying that Brown looked like Dubya's dad).
              Why the avatar? Well anyone accused of plotting against Gordon Brown can't be all bad.

Comment

Blair would have carried that off with ease, Brown looked like he was having a tooth pulled
                The court heard Darren Upton had written a letter to Judge Sally Cahill QC saying he wasn’t “a typical inmate of prison”.

But the judge said: “That simply demonstrates your arrogance continues. You are typical. Inmates of prison are people who are dishonest. You are a thoroughly dishonestly man motivated by your own selfish greed.”

Comment

I can sympathise with him to some extent,

he sat in the golf cart comfortably, wasn't holding on to anything, and then Dubya puts his foot down and spins it round (you gotta see the funny side) with a big grin on his face

Gordo didn't know what to do for the best, if he had uncharismatically grabbed hold of the windscreen pillar he would have been ridiculed and if he had fallen out he would have been a laughing stock

the only thing he could do was to concentrate hard, grit his teath and try to use his bulk to maintain his center of gravity and balance

it was a lose-lose situation for him and if I'd have been him I would have been a tad pee'd off

still it was funny to watch

Milan.

Comment

Originally posted by milanbenes

Gordo didn't know what to do for the best
                    He should of taken a leaf out of JPs book and tw4ted the stupid cowboy clown in the chops.
                    The Mods stole my post count!

Comment

Working...
                    X