• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Brown - Income Diverter

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Brown - Income Diverter

In the Independent yesterday one of the columnist's seem to let slip that now Mrs Brown is not working then Mr Brown has diverted income from some of his properties to her and thereby saving on tax.
    But I discovered nothing else but depraved, excessive superstition. Pliny the younger

Originally posted by Gibbon
    In the Independent yesterday one of the columnist's seem to let slip that now Mrs Brown is not working then Mr Brown has diverted income from some of his properties to her and thereby saving on tax.
    Surely that is unethical? Sorry, should not use the word "ethical" when referring to a politician.
    "If you can read this, thank a teacher....and since it's in English, thank a soldier"

Comment

Originally posted by Gibbon
      He doesn't want to let that cnt Brown get his hands on it.

Comment

Keep up at the back, please - this is weeks old. And it's worse than you think.

The property in question is available for rent becuase us taxpayers are funding his London pied-a-terre despite him living in No10. And it was bought at well under market valuation by Brown from the Maxwell pension fund estate that was being wound up and dumping all those nice Labour-type voters in the doodoo. And financial advice for the deal was prvided by Mr Geoffrey Robinson, who also helped Mr Mandelson obtain a mortgage as you may recall. And the property was gifted to Mrs Brown with the clear intention of giving her a self-sufficient income, a commercial arrangement that is virtually unthinkable between two people who aren't married.

Hypocrisy? No, of course not, merely prudent use of one's assets and tax allowances...
        Blog? What blog...?

Comment

Sorry for the old news. Only just came across a reference to it in yesterdays paper.
          But I discovered nothing else but depraved, excessive superstition. Pliny the younger

Comment

A good illustration of why everybody else should also seek to minimise their tax burden within the law.

Ignore this "fair share" bollocks that Brown and the rest try and beat everyone with.

Comment

I wasn't going to claim my lunch today - now I'm defnintely going to
              "Is someone you don't like allowed to say something you don't like? If that is the case then we have free speech."- Elon Musk

Comment

Jog on, shouldn't your tag have a "d" in it? you look a bit racial otherwise
                "Experience hath shewn, that even under the best forms of government those entrusted with power have, in time, and by slow operations, perverted it into tyranny. "

Thomas Jefferson

Comment

Originally posted by Ruprect
                  Jog on, shouldn't your tag have a "d" in it? you look a bit racial otherwise
                  No. The real name's Roger.

Comment

Working...
                  X