• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Swimming pool discrimination

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Swimming pool discrimination

The pool I swim in started having women only nights a few months ago. This was mostly for the Muslim women in the area. Someone has obviously complained because we have men only nights now and the pool is closed to the public one night for scuba diving. So there is now only one night where women and men can swim together in harmony... and that's saturday. What a joke..

Originally posted by XTC
    The pool I swim in started having women only nights a few months ago. This was mostly for the Muslim women in the area. Someone has obviously complained because we have men only nights now and the pool is closed to the public one night for scuba diving. So there is now only one night where women and men can swim together in harmony... and that's saturday. What a joke..
    Sharia by proxy.
    You should try asking for a straight only night as you dont like being lusted after by all the gays. I tried that at th estudent union exec meeting, what a laugh.
    I am not qualified to give the above advice!

The original point and click interface by
    Smith and Wesson.

Step back, have a think and adjust my own own attitude from time to time

Comment

Originally posted by The Lone Gunman
      Sharia by proxy.
      You should try asking for a straight only night as you dont like being lusted after by all the gays. I tried that at th estudent union exec meeting, what a laugh.

Well I don't think that would work. I could ask for a gay night, which they would have to approve then to please all the straight people they would have to have a straight night. Then there's the lesbians...

Comment

Originally posted by XTC

Well I don't think that would work. I could ask for a gay night, which they would have to approve then to please all the straight people they would have to have a straight night. Then there's the lesbians...
        That is the route we took to show how ridiculous the gay rights (and to some extent womens issues) movement was getting.
        Gays and Lesbians can share the same night as neither is attractive to the other.

Smith and Wesson.

Comment

Why not see if you can come up with more than 7 - that will confuse them.

Then see who the discriminate against because they can't start adding extra nights to the week.
          Rule Number 1 - Assuming that you have a valid contract in place always try to get your poo onto your timesheet, provided that the timesheet is valid for your current contract and covers the period of time that you are billing for.

I preferred version 1!

Comment

Originally posted by TonyEnglish
            Why not see if you can come up with more than 7 - that will confuse them.

Then see who the discriminate against because they can't start adding extra nights to the week.
            As the defence for seperate changing areas and nights for swimming is based on who lusts after who then the gay and lesbian community could ask for individual (as in per person) nights and cubicles as everyone from their sexual orientation could be regarded as a lustful set of eyes.

Smith and Wesson.

Comment

Originally posted by The Lone Gunman
              I tried that at th estudent union exec meeting, what a laugh.

Mate of mine (bloke) tried to run for womens officer under the slogan

'He's not a women but he knows how they feel'

Comment

What about pre-op transgender bisexuals? Fair's fair.

Comment

there's a local sportcentre here and its swimming pool is nudist only

Comment

and no, there wasn't a viewing gallery.

Comment

Working...
                    X