• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Doomed I tell yer!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Doomed I tell yer!

Finally, the long predicted chickens are coming home to roost.
    Recession coming, house prices fall. Keep yer powder dry.

http://edition.cnn.com/2007/BUSINESS...eut/index.html
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/business/6925367.stm
    Hard Brexit now!
    #prayfornodeal

No. Next

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn
      No. Next

Wrong. Next ...
      Hard Brexit now!
      #prayfornodeal

Comment

Boomed. Next.

Comment

Yep

Sold up, liquidated all my assets, I have a few shares left but not much.

IMHO I am not worried about the house prices as much as the availablity and price of credit. I think that this is what will tip things. If I had enough to own a house here outright I would not be worried , but having a large mortgage at the moment AFAIAC is not a very good idea.
          There are no evil thoughts except one: the refusal to think

Comment

Wrong NEXT

Comment

NEXT

Comment

Not to worry: The US will simply start a war with a country that has lots of houses, on the pretext that it's got WMD... er... that's the UK. Looks like it's time to worry, after all!

Comment

Originally posted by sunnysan
                  Sold up, liquidated all my assets, I have a few shares left but not much.

IMHO I am not worried about the house prices as much as the availablity and price of credit. I think that this is what will tip things. If I had enough to own a house here outright I would not be worried , but having a large mortgage at the moment AFAIAC is not a very good idea.
                  No No No, you need a huge mortgage! You also need the ability to pay it (and still be able to pay it at 25% interest).
                  We are going to go through a period of massive inflation daily rates will become hourly rates. If you survive the recession you will owe a months earnings (or less) on your gaf.
                  I am not qualified to give the above advice!

The original point and click interface by
                  Smith and Wesson.

Step back, have a think and adjust my own own attitude from time to time

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn
                    Indeed
                    Hard Brexit now!
                    #prayfornodeal

Comment

Working...
                    X