• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Well, there's a surprise...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well, there's a surprise...

A 20% dropout rate from uni...

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/education/6915622.stm

I'm shocked.

Horrified.

Alarmed.

Despondent.

Etc.

Why bother with a degree? Having an illegitimate child will get you a flat, an income and other stuff. It's a no-brainer
    Hard Brexit now!
    #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost
      A 20% dropout rate from uni...

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/education/6915622.stm

I'm shocked.

Horrified.

Alarmed.

Despondent.

Etc.
      It's the courses - they're too demanding:
      Media Studies & Knitting
      Watching Telly & Media Studies
      Watching Telly, Knitting & Media Studies
      etc.

Comment

The daughter of one of my friends has just obtained a degree in Meeja Studies.

She's now an EO in the DVLA or whatever it's called... earning more than me, though that's not exactly difficult these days.

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost
          The daughter of one of my friends has just obtained a degree in Meeja Studies.

She's now an EO in the DVLA or whatever it's called... earning more than me, though that's not exactly difficult these days.
          Back in the dark 1980s, I knew a near brain-dead woman who did some sort of Humanities & Drama degree. Ended-up on £80k - in 1989! Her job had nowt to do with the degree course. Bah!

Comment

it'll just be your blackboard and thee, soon Zeity!

Comment

Originally posted by Burdock
              At the current rate of progress you're right...

After all, engineering is moderately difficult & you have to actually do some modicum of work to pass...

And judging by this year's results, very few have bothered... 1st year dire, 2nd year even more dire...

Doomed etc.

I think I'd better find another job.

Comment

Originally posted by Burdock
                Chalkboard

Is it one of those rollover ones, or a slidy one they seem to reserve for physics lectures?

Comment

No chalk boards any more... all either OHP or projector.

And the little gits don't know how to take notes, coz they get spoon fed with photocopied handouts.

Comment

In fact it's quite funny, because if they don't get the photocopied handouts, they start complaining...

Should be grateful they don't get those peculiar gestetner printouts that smelled so odd that we were blessed with way back when...

Comment

Working...
                    X