• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

C# is just Java…only a little worse

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

C# is just Java…only a little worse

builder.com.com/article.j...ge=1&vf=fb

That article was written by a moron.

In time you will be saying "Is C# better than Java?"

and the young IT grads will say "What's Java?".

You have been warned!

Forget the C#/Java angle.

Look at what the CLR/Framework offers vs J2EE.

Look at the ease, performance, and market take up of the MS offering.

Look at the enormous rates I'm being paid to do .NET :lol

Comment

Look at the stability, scalability and reliability of the Microsoft platform.

Comment

re:

"Look at the stability, scalability and reliability of the Microsoft platform."

:rollin

You can't look at something that doesn't exist..

Comment

re

all the young IT grads are learning Java as the main language. Java's market share will increase because of its portability and cost saving

Comment

Re: re

Stick with Linux and Java and MySql and PHP and all that crap then.

I'll stick with what earns me a six figure salary.

Comment

I was not going to comment on this but
              Java's market share will increase because of its portability and cost saving
              I don't think Java's ever been cheap and as for portability (the adage write once, test everywhere springs to mind).

Moving from platform to platform and application server to application server is seriously time consuming (even with unit testing confirming that the basic stuff works). .Net may not be as cheap as Linux but at least its write once, test once (twice if you're being really clever and porting to mono).

Comment

".Net may not be as cheap as Linux but at least its write once, test once"

So is Java if you only run it on one platform. The thing is, you can choose the platform.

Comment

Java sucks - according to Sun!

www.advogato.org/article/624.html

Sorry, but Java is dead in the water.

Comment

Java sucks - according to Sun!

"www.advogato.org/article/624.html
                    Sorry, but Java is dead in the water. "

Is that from a Sun employee? Java certainly isn't high performance, but it was never meant to be. Its meant to be portable & platform neutral - it loses a lot of speed because of this - because it doesn't borrow and rely on clunky OS objects.

I think a lot of business's will say "well thats fast enough for us, at that price"

Comment

Working...
                    X