• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Just in case you thought your life was dire

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just in case you thought your life was dire

So I was with Futuro (in administration) Ltd

My umbrella is Prosperity4 (In administration (allegedly)) Ltd

You have to laugh, well I did .... !

Most funny thing is that if we ever see any money out of Futuro (and I don't believe we will) it will get gobbled up by P4 - hah!

Just thought I'd brighten up your evenings!

Windy

WindyAnna,

Cut down on the baked beans and curried eggs sweetheart.

Comment

Cabbage and chickpea jalfrezi does it for me

Comment

That is exceptionally bad luck. Seriously.

We should form a union in order to be able to afford some lawyers to sue bastard companies like that. And set up a common agencies-gone-under fund that people in your situation can get some money from.
        Oh no, it was in order to get rid of all this stuff that we became contractors in the first place, right.
        "Condoms should come with a free pack of earplugs."

Comment

that really is tough.. sorry to hear.

i have pm'd you regarding this.
          sp
          Last edited by scotspine; 1 August 2007, 21:10.

Comment

that is unfortunate. my sympathies - i've been there and it is no fun. however you can use the experience to become tougher & sharper.
            what is your skillset and what is the exposure?

Comment

It's a shame that the PCG insurance covers you for if an agent goes bust, but nothing if an umbrella company does the same and scarpers with your money.

Maybe it's something that should be raised with the PCG to see if there is some more protection that you could get through them.
              Best Forum Advisor 2014
              Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
              Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Another reason to run your own LTD IMHO. You don't have yet another company creaming a slice off your money who may go bust and take it all.

You should be able to stop Futuro paying any monies owed to you to P4 and instead get them to send them to an alternative (i.e. your own LTD co) I belive. You need to get some expert advice though, preferably somebody who can put pressure on the administrators and get your money out quickly.

Comment

sorry to hear this I know some people affected by Futuro too

Milan.

Comment

Windy,

I'm sorry to hear about this too. I hope you get your money.

I've never used an umbrella company, but they do sound like an extra risk and drain on money for contractors.

Wendy

Comment

Working...
                    X