• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Wording on invoice when no VAT reg yet?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wording on invoice when no VAT reg yet?

Title says it all really. I need to raise my first ever invoice on Firday for my brand new Ltd Company, on my first ever contract

I gather that whilst VAT reg is pending, I should invoice with out VAT and then raise a VAT only invoice when I have my registration.

Do I need to state something about this on my first invoices that are without VAT to show that there will be a VAT only invoice in the future?

Thanks
    Ruth

Originally posted by ruth11
    Title says it all really. I need to raise my first ever invoice on Firday for my brand new Ltd Company, on my first ever contract

I gather that whilst VAT reg is pending, I should invoice with out VAT and then raise a VAT only invoice when I have my registration.

Do I need to state something about this on my first invoices that are without VAT to show that there will be a VAT only invoice in the future?

Thanks
    Ruth
    Yes you do. You put something like "VAT Registration Pending" in the space where your VAT number will eventually go. Only if you have actually submitted the VAT application though.

Comment

Hi Ruth,

I just put:

VAT Registration Pending.

Seperate VAT Invoice to follow upon Registration.

Then you get the pleasure of sending another invoice for all the outstanding VAT. I just referenced the previous invoice numbers (Invoice 001 - dd/mm/yy - for £x = £y VAT due) which if you have registered for the FRS scheme includes a nice little turn of profit as well.

Cheers,
      Alan

Comment

Originally posted by Langkawi View Post
        Hi Ruth,

I just put:

VAT Registration Pending.

Seperate VAT Invoice to follow upon Registration.

Then you get the pleasure of sending another invoice for all the outstanding VAT. I just referenced the previous invoice numbers (Invoice 001 - dd/mm/yy - for £x = £y VAT due) which if you have registered for the FRS scheme includes a nice little turn of profit as well.

Cheers,
        Alan

Hi I have just registered for VAT as well (start period 01/June/07 to 31/Aug/07).

Do I send a single VAT invoice to cover all the weeks(/invoice numbers) in this period or Do I create create weekly VAT invoices to tieup with my original weekly Invoices ?

what happens if Agency refuses to pay?

css_jay99

Comment

Originally posted by css_jay99 View Post
          Hi I have just registered for VAT as well (start period 01/June/07 to 31/Aug/07).

Do I send a single VAT invoice to cover all the weeks(/invoice numbers) in this period or Do I create create weekly VAT invoices to tieup with my original weekly Invoices ?

what happens if Agency refuses to pay?

css_jay99
          You can do it all on one invoice, provide the invoice numbers that they apply to.

If you invoiced with a VAT registration pending, and put that on the invoice, then the agency must pay you.
          Best Forum Advisor 2014
          Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
          Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

If the agency don't pay - report them to HMRC - after all it's their money not yours
            Cenedl heb iaith, cenedl heb galon

Comment

Working...
            X