• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Unfortunately that property is under offer

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Unfortunately that property is under offer

From the estate agents perspective this seems to mean the property is unavailable, commission in the bag etc.. Yet they have a duty to inform the vendor (their client) of any interest and are legally bound to report offers, but they almost always don't want to. This is surely a conflict of interest?
    The court heard Darren Upton had written a letter to Judge Sally Cahill QC saying he wasn’t “a typical inmate of prison”.

But the judge said: “That simply demonstrates your arrogance continues. You are typical. Inmates of prison are people who are dishonest. You are a thoroughly dishonestly man motivated by your own selfish greed.”

Originally posted by Bagpuss
    From the estate agents perspective this seems to mean the property is unavailable, commission in the bag etc.. Yet they have a duty to inform the vendor (their client) of any interest and are legally bound to report offers, but they almost always don't want to. This is surely a conflict of interest?
    I hope you aren't calling into question the integrity of Estate Agents!

Comment

Originally posted by richard-af
      I hope you aren't calling into question the integrity of Estate Agents!
      Does it need questioning?

Comment

Originally posted by zathras
        Does it need questioning?
        No.

Comment

I think they look at each case and decide whether to put them forward or not, even though they're supposed to submit all of them.

They'll submit higher offers if they reckon there's a likelihood the vendor will be happy to pursue it. If the already-accepted offer's purchaser is in a better position to complete than the party with the higher offer, they probably won't bother with the higher one.

Better to chose the route most likely to actually secure the commission rather than automatically choose the highest offer.

Comment

Ha, Bag-o-pus wants to buy into property. You gotta laugh.

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn
              Ha, Bag-o-pus wants to buy into property. You gotta laugh.

Yes it made me chuckle
              Hard Brexit now!
              #prayfornodeal

Comment

Estate Agents often have this covered in their contracts with vendors. A common condition is that the vendor will withdraw the property from the market when an offer is accepted.

Last estate I agent I used to sell a property had a clause in there and I sad "Nope, cant agree that take it out". They said "Fine, get another estate agent"

Comment

They used to do it, its called "Gazzumping". I think its good that practice died out.
                  I'm alright Jack

Comment

Estate Agents

tsk! what a bunch of bastar*s eh?
                    Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

Working...
                    X