• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Brian May now master of zodiacal dust clouds

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Brian May now master of zodiacal dust clouds

Queen guitarist now master of zodiacal dust clouds

Brian May, the lead guitarist from rock band Queen, is close to earning his doctorate in astrophysics -- more than 35 years after quitting his studies to become a rock star.

May arrived on the island of La Palma in Spain's Canary Islands several days ago to conduct astronomical observations in support of his thesis, according to a statement by the Institute of Astrophysics of the Canary Islands.

His thesis, "Radial Velocities in the Zodiacal Dust Cloud," is the last component of his PhD studies, and May expected to complete his work on Wednesday.
    Master of the dust clouds, hmm? I hope your mother ship is well hidden, zeity!

Brian may was offered a physics research post at Jodrell Bank radio telescope at the time queen were just about to take off. I bet he regrets his foolish decision
    The court heard Darren Upton had written a letter to Judge Sally Cahill QC saying he wasn’t “a typical inmate of prison”.

But the judge said: “That simply demonstrates your arrogance continues. You are typical. Inmates of prison are people who are dishonest. You are a thoroughly dishonestly man motivated by your own selfish greed.”

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost
      Indeed.

He could have appeared on the Sky at Night much more often!
      and the pension!
      The court heard Darren Upton had written a letter to Judge Sally Cahill QC saying he wasn’t “a typical inmate of prison”.

But the judge said: “That simply demonstrates your arrogance continues. You are typical. Inmates of prison are people who are dishonest. You are a thoroughly dishonestly man motivated by your own selfish greed.”

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost
        Indeed.

He could have appeared on the Sky at Night much more often!
        Yes, we haven't got a natural heir to the great Patrick Moore.

Comment

Stories like his remind me of my dad.

Originally posted by BuffoonsDad
          Bloody long haired drop out goes off playing his guitar and now he goes back to being a student looking at the stars.

He should drop all this dream stuff and get a proper job and earn an honest living.
          Drivel is my speciality

Comment

Working...
          X