• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Company bank account, CCJ

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Company bank account, CCJ

Trying to open a business bank account in the name of my limited company but cater allen have rejected me and I think Natwest are probalby going to reject me (they said it probably would as the CCJ is over £1000) even though I have a current account with them.

Anyway I was wondering if anyone knew a bank that would open a basic company bank account whilst having a bad credit file?

Originally posted by ndoody
    Trying to open a business bank account in the name of my limited company but cater allen have rejected me and I think Natwest are probalby going to reject me (they said it probably would as the CCJ is over £1000) even though I have a current account with them.

Anyway I was wondering if anyone knew a bank that would open a basic company bank account whilst having a bad credit file?
    Try Barclays. Or failing that I believe the Bank of England have to give you an account if noone else will.

Comment

I’m contracting at a bank at the moment and asked around regarding CCJ’s, unfortunately the news is not good, apparently you will be very lucky to get a business bank account with those credentials.

And as for a bank accountant at the BoE, I don’t really think they offer accounts to folks like us, I’m sure the Queen banks there and I know the guys at Revenue and Customs have accounts, but we’re not really in the same league as them, well I'm not anyway.

You will 100% be able to get a basic bank account but this will only be in your name, so not much good.

Comment

Talk to the FSB about their Co-Op business banking. If tell your bank up front that you don't require a loan and do not require an overdraft facility, I can't see there being too much of a problem.

The fear amongst bank staff is that they assume you to want a startup loan in the same way that many small businesses do.
        It's my opinion and I'm entitled to it. www.areyoupopular.mobi

Comment

Thanks for the advice, will look up the coop and gonna go to nationwide see what they are saying.

Dont really understand natwest they recently gave me a gold service card and a platinum credit card, dont know how they cant look at my account and do the simple math that I am a good customer, seems stupid when I dont want any credit facilities!

Comment

Can't you just buy a Ltd company off the shelf that already has a bank account in place?

Comment

Originally posted by Sockpuppet
              Can't you just buy a Ltd company off the shelf that already has a bank account in place?

Hmm, interesting!

Had a quick look and that does look like a promising idea, noticed some around and a last resort may do that.

Seen some companys that claim they can get me a bank account with a CCJ if I pay them a fee but I wonder how this works, I wonder what they do that I cant

Comment

Originally posted by ndoody
                Hmm, interesting!

Had a quick look and that does look like a promising idea, noticed some around and a last resort may do that.

Seen some companys that claim they can get me a bank account with a CCJ if I pay them a fee but I wonder how this works, I wonder what they do that I cant
                They will open you an account at Barclays.

Comment

Bank Account

The bank which I use to send new companies to take the view that many CCJ's these days are as a result of defended actions rather than mismanagement so will take each case on an individual basis. I think that their approach is the correct one.

PM me if you want me to set up a meeting for you at your local branch. Im feeling charitable today.

Comment

If anyone else gets a problem opening a bank account with CCJ, Lloyds are teh only people that would give me the time of day and they went the extra mile to get me opened in no time, brilliant service!

Nice lady called Alison from the Redditch branch dropped off application forms to my house so I could get account opened more quickly, I was getting desperate after being turned down by everyone else! Anyway highly recommend her, give her a tinkle if you need a bank account ever

Cheers

Comment

Working...
                    X