• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Boomed!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Boomed!

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/business/6929361.stm

The number of mortgages in arrears came in at 125,000 - 3% down on the same period last year.

The Ministry of Justice said that 32,922 mortgage possession claims were issued by the courts - the first stage of the repossession process - during the second quarter of 2007.

This is 0.2% lower than during the same period last year.

Meanwhile, the UK government's Insolvency Service has said that the number of people going bust actually fell 8% in the second quarter of 2007 when compared to the first three months of the year.

In total, the number of IVAs fell 15% between the first and second quarters.

Time to buy some more BTL I think.

Neighour is selling his house, which is identical to ours, for £40000 more than last year's asking price for our model. That is greater than a 10% rise.

Comment

Our building/contents insurance reckons that our house has increased in value by 107% since 2000 without taking into account the two story extension we have added.

I'd be tempted to say that they were inflating the value to charge us more, but it is in line with the price paid for the house opposite last month.

Comment

Don't know why you guys slag off Labour. They have found the formula for instant and unending wealth.

Hard Brexit now!
        #prayfornodeal

Comment

I know it is brilliant. A limitless supply of free money, forever.

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn
            I know it is brilliant. A limitless supply of free money, forever.
            Indeed, the Holy Grail. Like a Perpetual Motion Machine. I think el Gordo should get a Nobel prize.
            Hard Brexit now!
            #prayfornodeal

Comment

Next door sold their house for £15k more than we paid for ours exactly a year ago, just hope it carries on for at least another year or so, when we come to sell.

Comment

Originally posted by dotnetter
                Next door sold their house for £15k more than we paid for ours exactly a year ago, just hope it carries on for at least another year or so, when we come to sell.
                And then next year you will think about the next 15k increase and so on....
                I've seen much of the rest of the world. It is brutal and cruel and dark, Rome is the light.

Comment

Originally posted by dotnetter
                  What are you going to do when you sell? Live in a cardboard box? Or perhaps buy another inflation-affected house?

Comment

When my house reaches £1,000,000,000 in a few years I might sell up and buy a large tropical island to live on.

HTH

Comment

Working...
                    X