• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

LTD - Regardless

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

LTD - Regardless

Is is worth taking the risk going LTD even if you know you are inside IR35?
    What's the chance of being investigated and what are the consequences?
    I assume you pay interest?
    However, if you invest that money you could make enough to breakeven there.
    Penalties as well? Are these high?

Bored.

Comment

Originally posted by Clippy
      Bored.
      go home then.

Comment

If you have to ask.....

Comment

How do you KNOW you're inside IR35 - does your contract specifically say that you will be treated as an employee of the client?

No one really KNOWs ... you might have an inkling that you are within the IR35 remit but until proved otherwise I would be inclined to avoid ticking that box on your Tax Return.

If you want to overpay taxes, feel free, but then just go PAYE rather than use your Ltd.

Comment

Originally posted by RightLaugh
            What's the chance of being investigated and what are the consequences?
            The chance of being investigated, as a percentage, is 43 plus your mother's age, divided by the age of your last pet when it died.

Many people caught by IR35 have never been seen again after their initial beating by Gordo's cronies.

Comment

Originally posted by TazMaN
              How do you KNOW you're inside IR35 - does your contract specifically say that you will be treated as an employee of the client?

No one really KNOWs ... you might have an inkling that you are within the IR35 remit but until proved otherwise I would be inclined to avoid ticking that box on your Tax Return.

If you want to overpay taxes, feel free, but then just go PAYE rather than use your Ltd.
              I'm not. I was just asking a question. I'm LTD, with SJG and PCG.
              Oh yeah and I'm bored.

Comment

Originally posted by chicane
                The chance of being investigated, as a percentage, is 43 plus your mother's age, divided by the age of your last pet when it died.

Many people caught by IR35 have never been seen again after their initial beating by Gordo's cronies.
                In excel I got #DIV/0!
                Never had any pets :-<

Comment

Is that the name of the company then ? Regardless Limited.
                  It's my opinion and I'm entitled to it. www.areyoupopular.mobi

Comment

Originally posted by oraclesmith
                    Is that the name of the company then ? Regardless Limited.
                    yep. that's the one. You heard of us. We're quoted on AIM and sponsor the golf.

Comment

Working...
                    X