PDA

View Full Version : Doom and Gloom

VectraMan
3rd August 2007, 15:19
All the permies I work with are busy writing their cvs, as the client is "restructuring". Where this leaves me and the 4 months I have left on my contract I've no idea.

I can't decide whether to try to get something else and walk out mid contract, or keep going as long as it lasts. Hmmm.

DodgyAgent
3rd August 2007, 15:23
All the permies I work with are busy writing their cvs, as the client is "restructuring". Where this leaves me and the 4 months I have left on my contract I've no idea.

I can't decide whether to try to get something else and walk out mid contract, or keep going as long as it lasts. Hmmm.

Do both

chubba
3rd August 2007, 15:29
Spot on! Hang out and see if you get sent on gardening leave. A few months on double pay never hurts :laugh

Bright Spark
3rd August 2007, 15:32
Boomed mate, cause if the permies are leaving it's gonna take the client
months to find replacements, and you'll be the only one who knows how
things work. :wink

thunderlizard
3rd August 2007, 15:47
Contractors love restructuring! Interim placements a-go-go, and it usually means new projects. It's when they stop restructuring that you've got to worry.

wendigo100
3rd August 2007, 15:47
things work. :winkUnless "restructuring" involves closing his department because the bottom has fallen out of the turd-polishing market. :(

VectraMan
3rd August 2007, 15:49
things work. :wink

There is that. I wonder if I can put the price up mid contract. ;)

I'm kind of hoping I might end up with some sort of occasional maintenace/support deal out of this, so that's good reason not to piss them off.