• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Doom and Gloom

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Doom and Gloom

All the permies I work with are busy writing their cvs, as the client is "restructuring". Where this leaves me and the 4 months I have left on my contract I've no idea.

I can't decide whether to try to get something else and walk out mid contract, or keep going as long as it lasts. Hmmm.
    Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Originally posted by VectraMan
    All the permies I work with are busy writing their cvs, as the client is "restructuring". Where this leaves me and the 4 months I have left on my contract I've no idea.

I can't decide whether to try to get something else and walk out mid contract, or keep going as long as it lasts. Hmmm.

Do both
    Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

Spot on! Hang out and see if you get sent on gardening leave. A few months on double pay never hurts

Comment

Boomed mate, cause if the permies are leaving it's gonna take the client
        months to find replacements, and you'll be the only one who knows how
        things work.

Comment

Contractors love restructuring! Interim placements a-go-go, and it usually means new projects. It's when they stop restructuring that you've got to worry.

Comment

Originally posted by Bright Spark
            things work.
            Unless "restructuring" involves closing his department because the bottom has fallen out of the turd-polishing market.

Comment

Originally posted by Bright Spark
              things work.
              There is that. I wonder if I can put the price up mid contract.

I'm kind of hoping I might end up with some sort of occasional maintenace/support deal out of this, so that's good reason not to piss them off.
              Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

Working...
              X