• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

C++ & XML

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

C++ & XML

has anyone got a good site/tutorials for C++ & XML using Xerces ???

Lack of answers suggests role of C++ in XML world...

Comment

That bluddy typical that is. Just as I master VC++ and MFC you all start using something else. Bet if I learn C#, Java and .net you'll all fall about laffing cos that I bothered with that old hat. I HATE YOU ALL!

Comment

Atw,

Agree on you on this one. Seems to me with platforms such as J2EE and .NET cornering the market in terms of XML processing, and C# and Java being the prime languages, the use of C++ in all but the lowest level of development is going to decline.

Why would you want the pain of C++ when dealing with complex XML processing? Way too much like hard work.

Use the right tool for the right job.

Comment

yep, Dim, we in agreement. Obviously actual XML parser should be written in low level C/C++ to be fast, but top level business logic can even be in VB. The only reason I still keep my C++ skills in tact is due to the fact that its primary language for mobile phones and this market is going to grow big time.

Comment

What makes you think the mobile industry is about to take off again?

The apps are exhausted.

Mobility was the killer app for mobiles.
            Problem has now been solved.
            Where's the next killer app?

IMO the industry is dead.

Comment

mobile SOFTWARE industry is only beginning, lets talk about it in 3 years.

Comment

Working...
              X