• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

im new, im with parasolIT contracting for a year now

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

im new, im with parasolIT contracting for a year now

hi all im new here, its a bit late just got back from tiger tiger in london of course.

i just worked like a lot of overtime in july and my pay hardly went up, i think this unbrealla company is scamming me some how, anyone have any experiance with them??

i suppose i really need to start my own ltd company since its been almost a year now.

my main concern is i never gave them my p45 in september 06 and im pretty sure they taxed me like 50percent for the first 6-7months, how the heck do i claim tax back, afterall the way they work i got my tax form in april and it said i only paid like 3k tax which is total bulltulip lol

i.d be willing to let someone take a look at my parasol account.
    i must be owed a lot of tax back by now!

Originally posted by trsisko
    hi all im new here, its a bit late just got back from tiger tiger in london of course.

i just worked like a lot of overtime in july and my pay hardly went up, i think this unbrealla company is scamming me some how, anyone have any experiance with them??

i suppose i really need to start my own ltd company since its been almost a year now.

my main concern is i never gave them my p45 in september 06 and im pretty sure they taxed me like 50percent for the first 6-7months, how the heck do i claim tax back, afterall the way they work i got my tax form in april and it said i only paid like 3k tax which is total bulltulip lol

i.d be willing to let someone take a look at my parasol account.
    i must be owed a lot of tax back by now!
    LOL I got a letter from the revenue today to say I had underpaid tax for 2006/2007 as all my income from Parasol had been taxed at 22%. I didn't have my P45 in time for the contract start but did fill in a P46 for Parasol which proves how useless the whole system is.

If you have overpaid tax due to being put on an emergency tax code you should get the opposite letter to me from the revenue stating you have overpaid. As for the 50% thing, you know using a brolly as well as income tax you are effectively paying employee and employer's NI contributions on the contract value?
    Will you have been paid for your July hours yet? This won't show up until you get a payment in August (presuming you are paid monthly)

Anyway start you own Ltd Co. and take charge of your own affairs.
    I'm no longer with Parasol, however I have nothing bad to say about them - its more likely the revenue cocked up and supplied them with the wrong tax code - or none at all.
    Last edited by GreenerGrass; 4 August 2007, 08:38.

Comment

damn i should have received a letter im ******* confused

its all this getting paid in holiday pay and commision, thats why when i got my tax form from inland revenue it said i liked made 11grand and paid only 3k tax which is a joke cos i pay tulip loads of tax from sept 06 too may 07 pretty much, i want my ******* money back lol

Comment

Working...
      X