• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Buying a new watch

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Buying a new watch

Well, the time has come to look like a contractor.

I've decided to dump my £9.99 Limit special and get myself a proper contractor's watch (up to a point, I've set myself a £500 limit).

I've looked at a couple of forums and gone a bit geeky. I'm looking for a 36mm gent's watch. Possibly an Oris, or maybe an Ollech & Wajs....

Decisions, decisions...

"I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
    - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

For something a bit different, Bonhams do pretty regular wristwatch auctions. Could probably get a 1930s rolex or similar for within £500.

Comment

Hmm - my new watch forum friends did suggest vintage.

Thanks, TL - I'll take a look.
      "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."

Comment

If I had the spare cash I'd get one of these:

http://www.tagwatchesdirect.co.uk/ta...1a_ba0850.html

They have quite a few under £500

Comment

Originally posted by cojak
          Well, the time has come to look like a contractor.
          THen you need one that shows GMT & Contractor Time, i.e. one that shows Time and A Half, Double Time, etc.

Comment

gent's watch.
            Eh?!!!

Have I missed something?

Gent? GENT?!!!!

We talked about shoes cojak!!!!

Every day is a new betrayal on this board
            The pope is a tard.

Comment

Ah - you might have missed the subtlety of this one Sal,

I'm going for the 'brook no nonsense but know elegance when one sees it' approach.

A 36mm dial is small but elegant and there's much more choice for men.

Alaso a good man/girlfriend admitted there was something 'tingly' about my suggestion of a good man's watch on my wrist...

It takes all sorts, I s'pose....

Comment

a good man/girlfriend
                once again Cojak, your response raises more questions than it answers...

Comment

Sometimes I feel my whole life is like that, TL...

Comment

Originally posted by SallyAnne
                    Eh?!!!

Have I missed something?

Gent? GENT?!!!!

We talked about shoes cojak!!!!

Every day is a new betrayal on this board
                    Relax SallyAnne. MF has met Cojak so there is no need to have any doubts.

Comment

Working...
                    X