• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Quay Accounting

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quay Accounting

Anybody use them ?

Good or Bad ?

Cheers
    Cenedl heb iaith, cenedl heb galon

Have done in the past. Were OK but not proactive. Made a mistake with my PAYE but they put it right quick enough. Give em a go.

Comment

Used them since April. Seem to be good so far...happy to refer you!

Comment

I have been with them for some time and have become more and more dis-illusioned (after initially been impressed) and will leave them shortly. Not had any useful advice that could have saved me 1000s in tax (found out myself via forum). Would not recommend them - although for all I know they could be as good (or as bad) as everyone else.

Comment

someoneelse has my name

I have been using them for a few years now,
          and the seem fine, I have had no problems,
          But they are the only accountant I have had,
          so I got nothing to compare them with.

Comment

Their website hasn't worked for days, as far as I can see. I wanted to check 'em out, but couldn't. Hmmm....

Comment

They're fine if you know what you are doing and know where to look. Perhaps for the brand new contractor, this person should have a friend or contact in the industry to 'find stuff out'.

But otherwise, they are very proactive in terms of getting forms filled in and accounts filed, in very good and early time. I haven't had anything even approaching a near miss in terms of where one can be fined for late filing.

Used to be with JSA who did have handbooks for the newcomer, but then were unbelievably overpriced, charged for every minute thing over and above a basic service and had a call centre where I couldn't 'understand' the responses.

In terms of how one can save 'thousands', just how many realistic opportunities are there for this? In terms of real business, most of us offer a basic service that doesn't involve many companies, off-shoring and all the other areas where massive savings could be applied.

They're fine.

Comment

I've been with Quay for over 5 years without any major problems.

Sometimes they could perhaps be more proactive, I find you have to ask the right question to get the right answer.

Comment

Working...
                X