• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

citi - project / programme management??

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

citi - project / programme management??

Anyone heard of used citi ?

Boss insists it is better than P2, and that P2 is 'mickey mouse' and is an 'A level' approach to managing projects and programmes. Citi on the other hand is 'Degree level' and doesn't do the step by step stuff P2 does. (Already I am unimpressed). Just went to look at the citi site and it looks like a pile of nonsense.

I use BULLSH 1T

It is the next step up from citi and is phd level.

HTH
    First Law of Contracting: Only the strong survive

Comment

does your boss's argument contain any facts or examples, or is it all based on meaningless cliches?

Comment

Originally posted by thunderlizard
        does your boss's argument contain any facts or examples, or is it all based on meaningless cliches?
        Well, indeed, I need to get him to supply some specifics. I was trying to find some on the citi website, but it is fluffier than a bunny's tail.

Comment

*makes mental note to research for next bull$!££ bingo interview*

degree-level eh?

American, is it??
          "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
          - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Lucy,

are you sure you didn't just take those words from a Dilbert cartoon ?

Milan.

Comment

Originally posted by Lucy
              Anyone heard of used citi ?

Boss insists it is better than P2, and that P2 is 'mickey mouse' and is an 'A level' approach to managing projects and programmes. Citi on the other hand is 'Degree level' and doesn't do the step by step stuff P2 does. (Already I am unimpressed). Just went to look at the citi site and it looks like a pile of nonsense.
              CITI appears to be owned by the Cranfield Institute plus a bunch of big firms, not a methodology, so you're not comparing like for like. Also remember that PRINCE2 only provides a methodology for structuring and controlling projects, not specific planning tools (except PBS's etc), so it is always supplemented by (a) experience and (b) other tools and techniques.

CITI seem to have some proprietary PM tools, but they are basically a training company. They provide PRINCE2 and APM courses themselves, so they're hardly going head to head with these methodologies.

Also, your boss is probably waxing lyrical about their postgraduate courses, but these are just Uni diploma courses at Middlesex.

It's a bit like comparing Parity with PRINCE2, it doesn't make sense. In my humble opinion.
              It's my opinion and I'm entitled to it. www.areyoupopular.mobi

Comment

Anyhow, you're a contractor, you're not supposed to have a boss ! Make your own decisions !!

Comment

PRINCE2 is a "hey, I've done a 5 day course to prove I know how to write status reports".

THe next step up is "hey, I've done 5 years PM'ing so I know what to write in status reports"

Comment

Originally posted by Sockpuppet
                    PRINCE2 is a "hey, I've done a 5 day course to prove I know how to write status reports".
                    Highlight reports.

Incidently the self-proclaimed National Centre for Project Management is based at Middlesex University in close proximity to the National Centre for Work Based Learning Partnerships (NCWLBP) and the Centre of Excellence in Work-Based Learning (CEWBL) funded by the Higher Education Funding Council for England (HEFCE).

That should tell you all you need to know about the nature of the courses offered !!!

Comment

Working...
                    X