• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

What's the point of a meeting room booking system...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What's the point of a meeting room booking system...

...if someone else comes along and cancels your booking and replaces it with their own. It's happened to me twice in the short time I've been here. Makes me mad!!!!

Moose, our room G61 is free if you want it.

I've penciled you in until 6pm.

Comment

as long as your invoices are settled on time and your boss signs your time sheet promprtly who cares about the rest

let the permies get upset by silly little things like that

Milan.

Comment

Originally posted by milanbenes
        as long as your invoices are settled on time and your boss signs your time sheet promprtly who cares about the rest

let the permies get upset by silly little things like that

Milan.
        I am a permie!

Comment

well that says it all then dunnit

I'd go to Personnel if I were, this just isn't on, people are taking the mick

Get Personnel to bring out a new rule and give everybody training on how to book a meeting room, should waste a few afternoons your colleagues will all sign up for the training mark my words

Milan.

Comment

Originally posted by milanbenes
            well that says it all then dunnit

I'd go to Personnel if I were, this just isn't on, people are taking the mick

Get Personnel to bring out a new rule and give everybody training on how to book a meeting room, should waste a few afternoons your colleagues will all sign up for the training mark my words

Milan.
            Excellent idea. I'm on it.

Comment

I have to admit, it wasn't my idea, i've seen this before

you have to laugh

Milan.

Comment

Originally posted by Moose423956
                ...if someone else comes along and cancels your booking and replaces it with their own. It's happened to me twice in the short time I've been here. Makes me mad!!!!
                Ah, don't sweat it.

Find out who canx your booking, find another future booking of theirs and canx that and replace it with someone elses name - put the MD's name against it.

Comment

Assuming it's one of those goldfish bowl meeting rooms, just wait until the other lot start their meeting. Then stand outside and lick the glass walls until they leave. It's better if there's lots of you doing it.

hth

tl

Comment

Just walk in and say, "You have to leave now. This room's booked for my meeting." Stay until they do so.

Comment

Working...
                    X