• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Wasps

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wasps

Anyone got any good tips in regard to wasps?

I find they're good fried in a little olive oil and served with pasta.
    Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

If you need to get rid of a nest you need some sort of wide, flattish implement (a squash or tennis racket should do the trick and a spade works quite well apparently). You then need to hit the bottom of the nest quite hard with a single blow. Apparently, because of the wasp's physiology, this will stun all the wasps in the nest simultaneously whereupon you can just drop the nest into a bucket of water and drown them.

Saves on any of these expensive pest control companies and /or nasty insecticides.
      Guy Fawkes - "The last man to enter Parliament with honourable intentions."

Comment

Originally posted by King Cnvt
        Yep, I reckon they'll win the Premiership again next year, some good players coming through as well the established blokes. Their blitz defence also takes some beating.

Comment

They can be trained, using a commanding voice alone, to fetch very small objects.
          Last edited by richard-af; 6 August 2007, 21:14.

Comment

Originally posted by Alf W
            If you need to get rid of a nest you need some sort of wide, flattish implement (a squash or tennis racket should do the trick and a spade works quite well apparently). You then need to hit the bottom of the nest quite hard with a single blow. Apparently, because of the wasp's physiology, this will stun all the wasps in the nest simultaneously whereupon you can just drop the nest into a bucket of water and drown them.

Saves on any of these expensive pest control companies and /or nasty insecticides.
            I question the wisdom of that approach.

Comment

just so helpful ...

Just wait a few months and they will just die anyway. Then just tackle the remaining sleeping queen any way you feel!

"All worker wasps die out during the winter; the only wasps that survive are the queen wasps. Queen wasps hibernate during the winter inside the old nest or construct a small “golf ball” sized hibernation cell."

Comment

Don't let them sting you
                Confusion is a natural state of being

Comment

I gave a wasp a glasgow kiss today.

Was trucking along (M62 so 56mph!!!) and it flew in through the window and hit me on the temple (thought I was going to black out).

Found the little scrote dazed on the floor of the cab. Wuss.

Comment

full body protection (the bee keeper variety) and a blow torch will do the trick.
                    "Wait, I still function!"

Comment

Working...
                    X