• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

US Arms

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

US Arms

The Americans incompetance in losing 19, 000 weapons not withstanding, I noticed the weapons lost were AK47's.

Now, I know the AK is the world's most popular weapon, but surely the yanks should be showing faith in the Iraqi security forces capability by providing them with US weapons (M16's).

Also, I would imagine that this is a significant amount of change that has been spent with a third-party supplier as opposed to a good old redneck weapons manufacturer.

What gives - do they know the Iraqi security forces are useless and don't want their boys shot at with their own weapons or do you think they charged them M16 prices and gave them AK's.

P.S. I believe this is standard US practise when arming ne'r do wells ie. give them commie hardware.

I think you'll find that they had to use the old Iraq army weapons? And why not - waste not want not, what?
    Hard Brexit now!
    #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by Clippy

Now, I know the AK is the world's most popular weapon, but surely the yanks should be showing faith in the Iraqi security forces capability by providing them with US weapons (M16's).

M16 v ak47
      "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

It's very unfortunate that you misspelled the word incompetence and underlined it like that, in a different colour and everything.

Comment

Originally posted by realityhack

It's very unfortunate that you misspelled the word incompetence and underlined it like that, in a different colour and everything.
          You know what, I spotted that after I posted but couldn't be bothered to change it - incompetent and lazy.

Comment

AK47 is ideal for lazy feckless troops.
            ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

I recon it has more to do with the ammunition that’s lying around. Troops need to be well equipped or at least have something to shoot rather than throw rocks. With the ruckus in the area and the AK being a dominant weapon in the region it would make more sense to use it. Plus I’m sure that it is cheaper on a cost front, and economics tends to run more wars than the commanding officers!
              "Wait, I still function!"

Comment

AK-47, when you absolutely, positively have to kill every mother****** in the room, accept no substitute.

The AK is a much more robust weapon. Weapon of choice for most non state sponsored armies the world over. It takes all kinds of knocks and will stand regular sustained use with less servicing requirements.
                (Not sure here but I seem to recall) It is tolerant of a wider range of ammo if an exact fit cant be found/manufactured.

What I dont understand is: The AK sings a very distinctive song, a clear warning to US and our troops that they are being fired upon. By issuing these weapons to "friendlys" our guys will no longer have that warning.
                I am not qualified to give the above advice!

The original point and click interface by
                Smith and Wesson.

Step back, have a think and adjust my own own attitude from time to time

Comment

Working...
                X