• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Out the window

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Out the window

Couldn't believe my eyes last night when I saw a BMW estate jam it's way into a parking space.

I heard the car revving loads so I went to the window, the BMW was up on the pavement then shunted the car behind it, twice, moved it about 2ft, then went on to hit it twice more.

Unbelievable.

Then there was a loud crunching sound after she'd hit the car behind for the last time, I think she had damaged the other car with the tow bar.

"she" being the operative word here.

Comment

I was waiting for that.

She did have a man with her. (probably telling her how to park!)

Comment

Originally posted by Lucy
        Couldn't believe my eyes last night when I saw a BMW estate jam it's way into a parking space.

I heard the car revving loads so I went to the window, the BMW was up on the pavement then shunted the car behind it, twice, moved it about 2ft, then went on to hit it twice more.

Unbelievable.

Then there was a loud crunching sound after she'd hit the car behind for the last time, I think she had damaged the other car with the tow bar.
        One early evening, a couple of years ago, I was standing outside the Oxford Playhouse, and saw a BMW (I see a pattern emerging) squeeze, miraculously, into a space between 2 cars. The driver must have then realized that getting back out was going to be a problem for him, so he simply shunted the car in front about 4 feet forward. The git.

Comment

Standard practice in some places. Mate lived in Brussels and they considered bumpers as just that, when parking they kept going till nudging the car behind. Mate not impressed when it happened to his GTi.

Comment

I was waiting for that.

She did have a man with her. (probably telling her how to park!)
            But, being a woman, she would not have listened, hence the bad parking!!!
            "If you can read this, thank a teacher....and since it's in English, thank a soldier"

Comment

Originally posted by daviejones
              But, being a woman, she would not have listened, hence the bad parking!!!
              It was her driving test. Obvious, really.

Comment

Originally posted by lukemg
                Standard practice in some places. Mate lived in Brussels and they considered bumpers as just that, when parking they kept going till nudging the car behind. Mate not impressed when it happened to his GTi.
                Agreed. Me and some mates were going to five-a-side footy game one evening with a French bloke driving us. He parallel parked into a space by hitting the car behind, then hitting the car in front to make enough room.

Looking around at our horrified, mouths agape, expressions he said: "What? It is the French way, no?". He almost got a kicking out of principle alone.

I think that's why Peugeots and Citroens are so mediocre. It's not considered that important that they last!

Comment

Originally posted by Chugnut
                  He almost got a kicking out of principle alone.
                  Why almost......?!!

Comment

......so I went to the window.....
                    Did you do anything about it such as leave a note on the windscreen of the other cars? An anonymous note with the reg of the BMW would have helped....

Comment

Working...
                    X