• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Sky TV

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sky TV

What the f8ck is the point in paying £40 a month for everything AND then having to sit through 10 minutes of ads after each program finishes...AND how all the programs finish at the same time and all show ads at the same time!!!

Anyone know if you can crack sky's signal with your puter so you dont have to fork out to watch ads?

Mailman

watch any series programs via Sky+

Comment

Just sky+ evertything and then whiz throught the adverts...

Comment

The best solution: cancel Sky, stop lining Murdoch's wallet and rediscover life outside the living room.

Comment

sky+ it. Go and make a tea come back and then start watching it from the start. That's way your a few minutes behind.

Comment

Originally posted by chicane
            The best solution: cancel Sky, stop lining Murdoch's wallet and rediscover life outside the living room.
            Very true. Sky is not that great.
            The movie channels are pants. The other channels show re runs of top gear, only fools and horses, friends and fraseir.
            The only reason I have it is for the sports channels.
            I bought sky+ a few weeks ago and that hasn't worked out well.
            The sky+ planner is full of neighbours and eastenders. the wife who was always against getting sky and sky+ has filled the bloody thing up with this trash. She's not working but still insists to watch this trash in the evening when I sit down to chill out. Only thing is there's nothing else on so I end up surfing the net for houses while she's watching stupid phil mitchel.

Comment

Adverts are usually better then programmes anyway. Certainly, much more money per second goes into making them.

Comment

I pay 50 something quid for Sky every month and to be frank it's a bit of a joke. I'd cancel it if the wife wasn't so adamant on havin it.

The programmes are 75% repeats, adverts take up about 20 minutes in every hour, and any new programmes lack any imagination.

The problem is that there just isn't any competition at Sky at the moment. Cable is tulipe, technically it's inferior and most of the channels are the same anyway.

Sky recently put their price up again, I think 2 weeks ago.

Comment

Just to repeat others - Sky+.

We nver watch anything other than sport live. Series all recorded and watched at out leisure without the adverts.

Comment

Sky is rubbish, I've got a humax freeview PVR (harddrive recorder same as sky+, EPG etc) holds 100 hours and I keep filling it, loads more channels now you can usually find some good stuff on through the week e.g. sharpe repeats on ukhistory, film4 etc.
                    I never watch anything when it is on, except delayed start so I can use the 30sec skip button to buzz past adverts.
                    Good footy match on - good excuse to go to the smoke-free pub n'est ce pas ?

Comment

Working...
                    X